Dr. Khaled Salah is a full professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Khalifa University, UAE. He received his B.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering with a minor in Computer Science from Iowa State University, USA, in 1990; his M.Sc. degree in Computer Systems Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology, USA, in 1994, and the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the same institution in 2000. He joined Khalifa University in August 2010, and is teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in the areas of cloud computing, computer and network security, computer networks, operating systems, and performance modeling and analysis.
Dr. Salah has over 250+ publications and three US patents. He has been giving a number of international keynote speeches, invited talks, tutorials, and research seminars on the subjects of Blockchain, IoT, Fog and Cloud Computing, and Cybersecurity. Dr. Salah was the recipient of the Khalifa University Outstanding Research Award 2014/2015, KFUPM University Excellence in Research Award of 2008/09, and KFUPM Best Research Project Award of 2009/10, as well as the recipient of the departmental awards for Distinguished Research and Teaching in prior years.
Dr. Salah is the chair of the Track Chair of IEEE Globecom 2018 on Cloud Computing. He is also an Associate Editor of IEEE Blockchain Tech Briefs, International Journal of “Blockchain in Healthcare”, and a member of the IEEE Blockchain Education Committee.
- B.Sc., Computer Engineering (minor in Computer Science, Iowa State University (USA), 1990
- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology (USA), 1994
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology (USA), 2000
- Advanced Topics LoT and Blockchain (CHEM717)
- Blockchain Fundamentals & Applications (CIVE455)
- Blockchain Fundamentals and Applications (ECCE631)
- Cloud Infrastructure and Services (CSEC615)
- Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing (ECCE440)
- Network Security (ECCE737)