The Raman and AFM Laboratory provides a safe and well-resourced laboratory facility that meets the needs of Khalifa University’s research community in the area of material sciences and characterization. The Raman and AFM provides support on Raman and AFM techniques. It is equiped with 3 AFM and 2 Raman machines. The facility is open to trained and authorized users.
Main Campus, Building L, Room 1020
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:30am to 5pm, Sunday to Thursday. 24/7 access for advanced users.
POLICIES AND RULES
All Electron Microscopy Facility users must follow the steps below to use the facilities:
- All equipment users must receive training from the KU Raman and AFM staff before operating any equipment.
- After training and certification, users will have access to the online equipment calendars/scheduling system to reserve time on the equipment.
- Those not yet certified can reserve time in advance of their certification by contacting the facility manager.
- Each person to use the facility must record the time spent in the lab in the facility’s logbook.
- External users must arrange payment through either a joint project with a Khalifa University faculty, or through Khalifa University’s external relations team, before being permitted to use the microscopes.
Electron Microscopy SPM Core Lab Instructor
P O Box 127788, , UAE
Tel: +971 2 810 9534 Email: email@example.com