The Electron Microscopy facility hosts the most advanced set of electron microscopy equipment available in the UAE. The facility is open to those, both internal and external to the Institute, who have successfully completed the required training. Facility users have access to advanced sample preparation facilities including microtome, polishing and ion milling systems.
Main Campus, Building L Room 1020
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:30am to 5pm, Sunday to Thursday. 24/7 access for advanced users.
POLICIES AND RULES
All Electron Microscopy Facility users must follow the steps below to use the facilities:
- 1.All equipment users must receive training from Electron Microscopy Facility staff before operating any equipment.
- 2.After training and certification, users will have access to the online equipment calendars/scheduling system to reserve time on the microscopes.
- 3.Those not yet certified can reserve time in advance of their certification by contacting the facility manager.
- 4.Each person to use the facility must record the time spent in the lab in the facility’s logbook.
- 5.External users must arrange payment through either a joint project with a Khalifa University faculty, or through Khalifa University’s external relations team, before being permitted to use the microscopes.
Electron Microscopy SPM Core Lab Instructor
P O Box 127788, , UAE Tel: +971 2 810 9534 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org