Welcome to the Office of Admissions at Khalifa University (KU), your gateway to the United Arab Emirates’ leading institution of education, technology and research.
Khalifa University is the first and only science and technology specific research based university in the United Arab Emirates. We offer high quality undergraduate and graduate programs, taught by a diverse collection of world-class professors, researchers and academics.
Our teaching and research facilities help prepare our graduates to contribute immediately to the UAE’s growing knowledge-based economy, and our alumni hold leadership positions throughout the UAE and beyond.
UAE Nationals and applicants with Emirati mothers who are graduating from high school this year in 2019 may now apply by accessing the Ministry of Education website.
- Late applicants including UAE Nationals, all UAE National graduates from high schools in previous years, other nationalities and transferred students, may apply through the Khalifa University website by 3 Feb 2019.
Why study at Khalifa University?
- KU was ranked as the top university in the UAE in 2016
- KU is dedicated to developing its students into tomorrow’s competitive engineers, scientists, innovators, problem-solvers, and leaders, in the world’s most rapidly-developing and high-demand fields.
- KU’s three modern campuses have some of the most advanced research facilities to be found in the entire region.
- KU’s two flagship research institutes – the Masdar Institute and the Petroleum Institute – serve as interdisciplinary research units focused on long-term strategic priorities.
- KU’s international faculty members have extensive research pedigrees and years of teaching experience in some of the world’s leading universities.
- Students at KU benefit from one-on-one attention through small class size, with our student to faculty ratio of 9:1.
- KU is a truly international university – with students hailing from 53 different countries and faculty from over 40.
- Full undergraduate and graduate scholarships are available for both UAE National and international students
- KU is home to 16 specialized research centers that respond to the needs of local and international industry.
- Students at KU benefit from the university’s active relationships and strategic partnerships with international higher education institutions, that provide student exchange opportunities, student sponsorships, employment opportunities for students, internship programs, and joint research programs.
- Studying at KU means learning research with real-world applications, as KU has over 50 industry and government sponsored research contracts and has signed more than USD20 million in sponsored research contracts in the past two years.
- KU is located in one of the world’s most dynamic international cities – Abu Dhabi – which was ranked the world’s second most popular city for work, rest, and play by the Ipsos Top Cities Index in 2017, just behind New York.