· PhD. in Structural Geology and Geodynamics, Institute of Geology, Uppsala University, Sweden. 1989.
· Research Fellow, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA, 1991-1993.
· Habilitation (Docent-Associate Professor) at the Institute of Geology, Uppsala University, Sweden. September 30, 1994.
· Promotion to Professor in Tectonics and Geodynamics, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2003.
- Triggering mechanisms of salt structure
- Salt diapirs as repositories for waste disposal and storage sites.
- Quantifying penetrative strain in orogens
- Superimposed deformation in converging tectonic regimes