Dr. Gihan received her Ph.D. in Bioinformatics in 2009 and M.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence in 2004 from the Technical University of Dresden (TUD), Germany. Her research focuses on a broad range of Genetics and Bioinformatics topics such as Next-generation genome annotation, Systems Biology, Population Genetics, Artificial Intelligence applications, and big data.
Dr. Gihan joined Khalifa University in 2017 as a Postdoctoral Associate at the Biotechnology Center, where her research and teaching emphasis was on the analysis of the UAE population genetic structure as well as the construction of the UAE reference genome.
Prior to joining Khalifa University, Dr. Gihan has been working at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA, and before that at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Abu Dhabi.
- PhD, Bioinformatics, Technical University of Dresden (TUD), Germany), (2009)
- MSc, computational logic, Technical University of Dresden (TUD), Germany (2004)
- BSc, Computer science, University of Khartoum (1998)
- Bioinformatics (BIOL430)
- Fundamentals of Biology (BIOL101)
- General Biology I (BIOL111)
- Molecular Genetics, Technologies and Tools (BMED612)