Dr. Ahmad Mayyas is an Assistant Professor of Industrial and Systems engineering. He joined Khalifa University in the fall of 2019. Before that Dr. Mayyas worked as a clean energy systems analyst at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado. He is currently involved in R&D activities for renewable and clean energy systems, Li-ion batteries, composite materials, design and manufacturing of fuel cells, and water electrolysis.
Dr. Mayyas got his BSc in Biosystems Engineering and M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST). Then he got his MSc and a PhD in Automotive Engineering from Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina. After graduation in 2012, Dr. Mayyas worked as a research fellow at the University of California-Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where he worked with a team of senior researchers on developing a techno-economic analysis for stationary fuel cells. Dr. Mayyas also got his MBA in managing for sustainability from the University of Colorado in 2018.
Dr. Mayyas has over 15 years of experience in the advanced manufacturing analysis including manufacturing of composite materials and nondestructive testing for metal and plastic composites. He has authored and co-authored more than 80 journal and conference papers, and technical reports.
- MBA (Master’s of Business Administration), University of Colorado (USA), 2018
- Postdoctoral fellowship, University of California-Berkeley (USA), 2015
- PhD, Automotive Engineering, Clemson University (USA), 2012
- MSc, Automotive Engineering, Clemson University (USA), 2011
- MSc, Industrial Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology (Jordan), 2007
- BSc, Biosystems Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology (Jordan), 2003
- Cost Engineering (CHEM668)
- Facilities Planning and Warehousing (ECCE671)
- Modern Methods of Manufacturing (CSEC602)
- Operations Research 1 (ISYE251)
- Operations Research 2 (ISYE451)
- Special Topics in ISYE (ISYE395)