Materials and Storage Management Officer
||Materials and Storage Management Officer
||Procurement & Contracts
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Materials and Storage Management Officer’s assigned responsibilities involve the storage, control, and delivery of supplies and equipment, including maintaining perpetual inventories, ensuring proper storage of warehoused items, and meeting the needs of the University for various supplies. This also includes the operation of all storerooms where supplies are stored, and coordinating with procurement functions.
- Carry out the day-to-day operations of the University’s warehouses.
- Receive and inspect all incoming deliveries and follow up the delivery of purchases orders.
- Report, document, and track damages and discrepancies of all orders and consignments received.
- Liaise with end-users and other involved personnel to return cancelled and damaged items back to vendors.
- Receive and dispatch material and equipment to relevant requesters according to applicable policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with vendors and users to follow up on the training and installation of equipment supplied.
- Provide all required information to fixed asset accountant to register the new equipment.
- Maintain records and files associated with receipt, distribution, and shipment.
- Follow up on the payment status of local and overseas vendors.
- Liaise with Accounts to close the Purchase Order (PO) in the system.
- Process information – compiling, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Develop customer service and other performance management systems of the warehouse program and ensure to evaluate and analyze results.
- Maintain warehouse, records and stores area in a neat and orderly manner based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Assure all warehouse equipment is maintained and inspected for safe unloading of hazardous chemicals and gas cylinders.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
- Expats : A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 0-1 year of relevant experience.
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.