Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly
- Oversee the operations of Space Planning and Projects section.
- Ensure the implementation of the Sections overall strategy, business plan and budget.
- Ensure the implementation of the Administration and Facilities Department’s policies and procedures.
- Provide comprehensive facilities support, including complete interior and exterior building structure and grounds maintenance.
- Forecast and manage budgets for these services to a high degree of accuracy.
- Drive continuous improvement in supplier processes and operating costs.
- Oversee construction projects.
- Manage coordination of all program rollouts.
- Manage all facilities group capital rollout RFP’s, including project plan, site meetings, scope of work, specifications, SLA’s, etc.
- Oversee design, engineering, and personnel to ensure projects are completed within approved budget and scope.
- Perform site inspections to identify enhancement and renovation projects, provide facility audit, and inspect quality of vendor-performed service and project work.
- Oversee the management of drawings: update, correction, and maintenance.
- Develop and review the space management policies and procedures for implementation. Monitor the efficiency of space management.
- Forecast buildings and space requirements based on approved business and recruitment plans.
- Provide supervision and guidance to personnel assigned to design construction projects.
- Assist the Director in the preparation of the weekly reports for Committee meetings, includes identifying issues and recommends appropriate actions.
- Prepare special reports on request.
- Ensure adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.