Laboratory Specialist, Chemistry
||Laboratory Specialist, Chemistry
||Department of Chemistry
||College of Arts and Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
A Lab Specialist assists with the day-to-day operation and coordination of the laboratories under the supervision of the Senior Lab Specialist, Chair of the Department, and Faculty.
- Provide lab support for a range of courses at various levels to ensure that instructional delivery complies with the quality and educational standards of the department/program
- Ensure the preparation of the laboratory so that classes can operate efficiently, effectively, and safely
- Instruct students on appropriate parts of the course in collaboration with faculty members, including evaluating students, grading of work, and providing feedback to students
- Maintain accurate and timely student records
- Assist in writing lab manuals, procedures, and safety instructions in coordination with the course instructor and/or Department Chair
- Contribute to course evaluation and development of new course material
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained, serviced, and repaired as required
- Train faculty, students, and junior technicians in the use of equipment and techniques
- Maintain inventories and current and future stock requirements of equipment and consumables
- Identify requirements and equipment specifications, and assist with the procurement process for supplies and major equipment
- Coordinate with suppliers to obtain quotations and follow up with Finance and Administration for contract preparation/renewal and for payments
- Ensure accurate completion of documentation, records, and reports
Required Minimum Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Expats: A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in educational lab supervision at a top-ranked university, preferably including the use of instructional technology
- A Master’s degree in Chemical Science along with experience in operating one or more analytical instruments (e.g., chromatography, diffraction) would be an advantage
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.