Administrative Senior Officer
||Administrative Senior Officer
||Office of the Dean
||College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Administrative Senior Officer is responsible for assisting the Dean’s Office to develop and maintain strong working arrangements with other departments of the University and external bodies to expedite work and ensure smooth operations.
- Provide assistance and support to the Dean in all the day-to-day administrative and operational duties.
- Provide administrative support to the College of Medicine & Health Sciences such as handling logistics as well as answering telephones, welcoming and directing visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for the department, which may include booking room facility, coordinating and lodging other arrangements.
- Participate in and assists with the recruitment of staff and with new hire selection process.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources department to have positions posted.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources department with regards to the on-boarding process of the new faculty members.
- Archive and maintain the confidentiality of departmental files, databases, records, and/or other documents; retrieve files and when required and according to Khalifa University policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance in the understanding and interpretation of the University’s policies and procedures, when needed, to ensure that faculty members are in compliance with policy standards.
- Provide a variety of administrative support functions.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies, and procedures and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Expats: A minimum of 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.