Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics
+971 (0)2 6075341
Dr. Andriy Didenko completed his MSc in Applied Mathematics from Odessa National University, Odessa, Ukraine, in 1978, and went on to gain his PhD in Mathematics from the same institute in 1986.
Following completion of his doctorate he became assistant professor and later associate professor in the Department of Higher Mathematics at the Odessa National University. From 1989 to 1994 he worked in Congo as associate professor in Brazzaville University, before returning to the Odessa National University as associate professor of mathematics.
Dr. Didenko moved to the Gulf in 1998 to join the Bahrain Teaching Institute as the Senior Lecturer and Head of Mathematics, where he remained till 2003. He has also held the post of assistant professor at the Sharjah College UAE and Professor and Head of Department of Mathematics and Applied Sciences at the Middle East College of Information Technology in Oman. In 2005 he joined the Petroleum Institute as assistant professor, and in 2015 he was also made Chair of the Department of Mathematics at the same.
- MATH111 Calculus 1
- MATH161 Calculus 2
- MATH212 Calculus 3
- MATH241 Probability and Statistics
- MATH261 Differential Equations
- MATH361 Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- MATH461 Linear Algebra
- Mathematical education
- Integro-differential equations of fractional order
- Integral transforms
- Functional analysis
- G. Miller, A.Didenko, D.Allison.-Boundary Motion by Curvature: Accessible Modeling of Oil Spill Evaporation/Dissipation, International Science Index,Vol:8, No:10, Part VII, pp.697-700, 2014
- G. MiIller, A. Didenko, D. Allison.- The Spreadsheet – Much Used in Data Analysis – But Neglected as a Teaching Tool, UAE Math Day 2015, Paris-Sorbonne University, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2015
- Andriy Didenko, David Allison and Gary Miller.-Making Vector Algebra Come Alive in the Classroom, Academic Journal of Science (AJS), Volume 4, No 1., 2015.
- G. Miller, A. Didenko, D. Allison, D. Munster, H. Asafen.- A Project Based Introduction to Analog Computation of Polynomial Roots, Journal of Teaching and Education, No 1, Vol. 5, pp. 51-58, 2016
- G. MiIller, A. Didenko, D. Allison.- A Computer Project and Elementary Introduction to the World of Numerical Computation, International Journal of Arts and Sciences, 9 (4), pp.13-20, 2017