Khalifa University’s student chapter of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) was recently honored with the institute’s Gold Award – for the first time. The award is the highest honor in the professional organization’s University Chapter Recognition Program.
This award recognizes the chapter’s excellence in various areas such as student support, training events, field trips, public engagement and community service activities during the 2020-2021 academic year. The mission of the IISE student chapter at Khalifa University is to represent the industrial and systems engineering profession responsibly and ethically. Further, it aims to enhance the capabilities of all of its members and develop the next generation of industrial and systems engineers.
The following names are the 2020-2021 IISE officers of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Khalifa University. Congratulations to the team!
- Khalid Jamal Hasan Ali Alhosani, President
- Khaled Mohammad Toffaha, Vice President
- Mohamed Adel Omar Abdulla Alameri, Treasurer
- Rawdha Salah Ishaq Alattar Alawadhi, Secretary
- Shamma Jamal Saif Fares Al-Ali, Officer
- Khadija Obaid Rashid Almughanni Alhmoudi, Officer
- Majid Salah Tayseer Talab Akhmais, Officer
- Saeed Sultan Mohammed Aldhaheri, Officer
- Dr. Mecit Can Emre Simsekler, IISE Faculty Advisor
Founded in 1948, IISE, the world’s largest professional society dedicated solely to the support of the profession, is an international, nonprofit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial and systems engineering.
16 August 2021