- Patents & Publications
- Conference Papers
- Anish Ahmed, Abdul R Beig, Jamal Alsawalhi and Khaled Ali Mohammed Ali Al Jaafari “ A high gain bidirectional DC to DC boost converter [Patent Application Pending].
- UR Muduli, Abdul R Beig, K Al Jaafari, JY Alsawalhi, RK Behera, “Interrupt Free Operation of Dual Motor Four-Wheel Drive Electric Vehicle Under Inverter Failure”, IEEE Transaction on Transportation Electrification. Vol. 99, No. 1, May 2020 Pp1-1, DOI: 1109/ TTE.2020.2997354.
- Anzar Ahmad, MU Anas Adil Sarwar , Mohammad Zaid , Mohd Tariq , Javed Ahmad and Abdul R. Beig, “Realization of a Generalized Switched-Capacitor Multilevel Inverter Topology with Less Switch Requirement”, Energies, vol. 13, No.7, pp. 1556, 2020. DOI: 10.3390/ en13071556.
- F. Faisal, A. R. Beig, and S. Thomas, “Time Domain Particle Swarm Optimization of PI Controllers for Bidirectional VSC HVDC Light System,” Energies, vol. 13, p. 866, 2020. doi.10.3390/en13040866
- Pal, M G Majumder, Rakesh R, K. Gopakumar, Abdul R Beig, A Cascaded Nine Level Inverter Topology with T-type and H-Bridge with Increased DC Bus Utilization, Accepted by IEEE Transaction on Power electronics, 2020.
- Hany E. Z. Farag , Abdullah Al-Obaidi , Hadi Khani , Nader El-Taweel , E.F. El-Saadany , H.H.M. Zeineldin, “Optimal Operation Management of Distributed and Centralized Electrolysis-based Hydrogen Generation and Storage Systems”, Electric Power System Research, Vol. 187, October 2020.
- Younes Isbeih, S. Ghosh, M.S. El-Moursi, E.F. El-Saadany and Sukumar Kamalasadan, “A Dynamic Coordination Control Architecture for Reactive Power Capability Enhancement of the DFIG-based Wind Power Generation”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 3051-3064, July 2020. DOI: 1109/TPWRS.2020.2968483
- Ghosh, M.S. El-Moursi, E.F. El-Saadany and K. Al Hosani, “Online Coherency Based Adaptive Wide Area Damping Controller for Transient Stability Enhancement”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 3100-3113, July 2020. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2019.2961004.
- Ghosh, Y. Isbieh, M.S. El-Moursi and E.F. El-Saadany, “Cross-Gramian Model Reduction Approach for Tuning Power System Stabilizers in Large Power Networks”, IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 1911-1922- May 2020. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2019.2924495.
- H. Yazdavar, M. A. Azzouz, and E. F. El-Saadany, “Harmonic Analysis of Three-Phase Diode Bridge Rectifiers Under Unbalanced and Distorted Supply”, IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 904-918, April 2020. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRD.2019.2930557
- Saleh, A. Hooshyar and E.F. El-Saadany, “Fault Detection and Location in Medium-Voltage DC Microgrids Using Traveling-Wave Reflections”, IET Renewable Power Generation, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. ????, March 2020. DOI: 10.1049/iet-rpg.2019.0370
- Ayad, H. Farag, A.M. Youssef and E.F. El-Saadany, “Cyber-Physical Attacks on Power Distribution Systems”, IET Cyber-Physical Systems: Theory and Applications, March 2020. DOI: 10.1049/iet-cps.2019.0032
- Kirakosyan, E. F. El-Saadany, M. S. E. Moursi, A. Yazdavar and A. Al-Durra, “Communication-Free Current Sharing Control Strategy for DC Microgrids and its Application for AC/DC Hybrid Microgrids”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 140-151, January 2020. DOI:10.1109/TPWRS.2019.2925779
- Tarek Medalel Masaud and Ehab. F. El-Saadany, “Optimal Wind DG Integration for Security Risk-Based Line Overload Enhancement: A Two Stage Approach”, IEEE Access, Vol. 8, pp. 11939-11947, January 2020, DOI:1109/ACCESS.2020.2965157.
- Ameli, A. Hooshyar and E.F. El-Saadany, “An Intrusion Detection Method for Line Current Differential Relays”, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp: 329-344, January 2020. DOI: 10.1109/TIFS.2019.2916331
- Eldigair, A. R. Beig, and J. Alsawalhi, “Sensorless DTSMC of a three-level VSI fed PMSM drive,” IET Power Electronics, Vol.13, no. 4, 2020 Pp 788–797 DOI : 10.1049/iet-pel.2018.5523
- Al Jaafari and H. A. Toliyat, “Performance Analysis of Synchronous Generators under Stator Windings Ground Faults near the Star Point – Experimental Verification,” in IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, March 2020. doi: 10.1109/TEC.2020.2980619.
- Rajasekharareddy Chilipi, Naji Al Sayari, Jamal Al Sawalhi, “Control of Dual Converter based Grid-tied Solar Photovoltaic System With Series-Shunt Compensation Capabilities”, IET Renewable Power Generation, Volume 14, Issue 1, 6 January 2020, Pages 164-175.
- Shafiullah , Mohd Tariq, Abdul Bari and Abdul R. Beig, “A New Fuzzy Multiobjective Geometric Programming in Double Sampling in Presence of Non-Response,” Accepted for Publication , IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 179918-179928, 2020. DOI: 10. 1109 / ACCESS 2020.2973935
- A Bamigbade, Khadkikar V, Zeineldin H, El Moursi and M Al Hosani M,, “A Novel Power-Based Orthogonal Signal Generator for Single-Phase Systems”, Accepted for publication in Letters Section of IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery (May-2020).
- A Bamigbade, Khadkikar V and Al Hosani M, “A Type-3 PLL for Single-Phase Applications”, Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications (May-2020).
- A Bamigbade, Khadkikar V and Al Hosani M, “Single-Phase Type-1 Frequency-Fixed FLL for Distorted Voltage Condition”, Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (March-2020).
- S. Alkaabi, H. H. Zeineldin and V. Khadkikar, “Closure to “Short-Term Reactive Power Planning to Minimize Cost of Energy Losses Considering PV Systems”,” in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1813-1815, March 2020.
- A Bamigbade, Khadkikar V, Al Hosani M, Zeineldin H and El Moursi M, “A Gain Compensation Approach for Low-Voltage Ride-Through and Dynamic Performance Improvement of Three-Phase Type-3 PLL”, Accepted for publication in IET Power Electronics (Jan-2020), In press.
- J. Amalanathan, R. S. Sarathi, N. Harid and H. Griffiths, “Investigation on Flow Electrification of Ester-Based TiO2 Nanofluids”, accepted, IEEE trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical insulation, 2020.
- J. Amalanathan, R. S. Sarathi, N. Harid and H. Griffiths, R. Gautam and R. Vinu, “Investigation on the performance of thermally aged ester oil impregnated pressboard material,”, accepted, IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, 2020.
- B Thangabalan, R Sarathi, N Harid, H Griffiths, ‘Analysis of space charge and charge trap characteristics of gamma irradiated silicone rubber nanocomposites,’ IET Nanodielectrics 3 (2), 44-52, 2020.
- J. Amalanathan, R. S. Sarathi, N. J. Vasa, N. Harid and H. Griffiths, “Classification of Thermal Ageing Impact of Ester Oil Impregnated Pressboard Material adopting LIBS”, under review, IEEE Trans. On Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, 2020.
- Ahmad, R. Singh, and A. R. Beig, “Switched-Capacitor Based Modified Extended High Gain Switched Boost Z-Source Inverters,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 179918-179928, 2019., Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2959136
- Kumar, Y. Wang, X. Pan, X. Xiong, M. M. Reza and K. Al Jaafari, “Modified A-Source Converter Operating at Lower Voltage Stress,” in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 179670-179678, 2019.
- Eajal, A. Yazdavar, E.F. El-Saadany and K. Ponnambalam, “On the Loadability and Voltage Stability of Islanded AC/DC Hybrid Microgrids during Contingencies”, IEEE Systems Journal, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 4248-4259, December 2019, DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2019.2910734.
- Younes J. Isbeih, Mohamed S. El Moursi, Weidong Xiao, Ehab F. El-Saadany, “A Generator-based Threshold for Transient Stability Assessment”, IET Smart Grid, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 407-419, October 2019. DOI: 1049/iet-stg.2018.0292
- Younes Isbeih, M. S. El Moursi, Weidong Xiao and and Ehab El-Sadaany “H∞ Mixed Sensitivity Robust Control Design for Damping Low Frequency Oscillations with DFIG Wind Power Generation” IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 13, No. 19, pp: 4274-4286, October 2019. DOI: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2018.6433
- Khalaf, A.M. Youssef and E.F. El-Saadany, “Joint Detection and Mitigation of False Data Injection Attacks in AGC Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 4985-4995, September 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2018.2872120.
- M. Pasha, H.H. Zeineldin, and E.F. El-Saadany Optimal Allocation of Distributed Generation for Planning Master-Slave Controlled Microgrid”, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Vol. 13, No. 16, pp: 3704-3712, August 2019. DOI: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2018.5872
- Aderibole, H. H. Zeineldin, M. Al Hosani and E.F. El-Sadaany “Demand Side Management Strategy for Droop-Based Autonomous Microgrids Through Voltage Reduction”, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 34, No.2, pp. 878-888, June 2019.DOI: 10.1109/TEC.2018.2877750
- A. Hamad, M. Nassar, E.F. El-Saadany and M.M.A. Salama, “Optimal Configuration of Isolated Hybrid AC/DC Microgrids”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 2789-2798, May 2019. DOI:10.1109/TSG.2018.2810310
- Jing, A. Al Durra and E.F. El-Saadany, “Adaptive Digital Notch Filter Based on Online Grid Impedance Estimation for Grid-tied LCL Filter Systems”, Electric Power System Research Journal, Vol. 172, pp. 183-192, March 2019. DOI:10.1016/j.epsr.2019.02.023
- E. Nassar, A.A. Hamad, M.M.A. Salama and E.F. El-Saadany, “A Novel Load Flow Algorithm for Islanded AC/DC Hybrid Microgrids”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 1553-1566, March 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2772263
- Saleh, A. Hooshyar and E.F. El-Saadany, “Ultra-High-Speed Travelling-Wave-Based Protection Scheme for Medium-Voltage DC Microgrids”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 1440-1451, March 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2767552.
- El-Ghytani and E.F. El-Saadany, “Smoothing Net Load Demand Variations Using Residential Demand Management”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 390-398 January 2019.
- Ameli, A. Hooshyar, E.F. El-Saadany, “Development of a Cyber-Resilient Line Current Differential Relay”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 305-318, January 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TII.2018.2831198
- Yazdavar, M. Azzouz and E.F. El-Saadany, “A Novel Decentralized Control Scheme for Enhanced Nonlinear Load Sharing and Power Quality in Islanded Microgrids”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 29-39, January 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2731217.
- Rajasekharareddy Chilipi, Naji Al Sayari, Jamal Al Sawalhi, ” Control of Single-Phase Solar Power Generation System with Universal Active Power Filter Capabilities using Least Mean Mixed-Norm (LMMN)-based Adaptive Filtering Method”, IEEE Transaction on Sustainable Energy, Early Access, April 17, 2019.
- Nguyen Thanh Hai, Khalifa Al Hosani, Mohamed El Moursi, Naji Al Sayari, “A Submodule-Capacitor Voltage Balancing Strategy for Alternative-Arm Converters in HVDC Systems, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Volume 34, Issue 3, June 2019, Article number 8633422, Pages 795-806
- El Aroudi, M. Al-Numay, G. García, Khalifa Al Hosani, Naji Al Sayari, A. Cid-Pastor, , “Analysis of nonlinear dynamics of a quadratic boost converter used for maximum power point tracking in a grid-interlinked PV system” , Energies, Article no. 61, Vol.12, Issue 1, January 2019.
- A. Devadiga, Noureddine Harid, Huw Griffiths, Naji Al Sayari, Braham Barkat, Sheshakamal Jayaram, Hisatoshi Ikeda, Tadashi Koshizuka, Y. Taniguchi, “Winding Turn-to-Turn Short-Circuit Diagnosis using FRA Method: Sensitivity of Measurement Configuration,” IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Volume 13, Issue 1, PP 17-24, January 2019.
- Coppo, F. Bignucolo, R. Turri, H. Griffiths, N. Harid and A. Haddad, ‘Analysis of frequency distribution of ground fault-current magnitude in transmission networks for electrical safety evaluation’, Electric Power Systems Research, 173 (2019), pp.100-111, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2019.03.024, 2019
- Kohei Higashikawa ; Junichi Arai ; Katsuhiko Harada ; Tadashi Koshizuka ; Jun Matsushima ; Hisatoshi Ikeda ; Noureddine Harid ; Ahmed Al-Durra, ‘Dynamic Performance Analysis of Long-distance Power Transmission System with DC Superconducting Cable from Large Photovoltaic Generation’, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity ,Volume: 29, Issue: 5, 5402105, DOI: 10.1109/TASC.2019.2903390, Aug. 2019
- Alaa Loubani, Noureddine Harid, Huw Griffths and Braham Barkat, ‘Study of UHF sensor response to EM waves excited by PD in air using FDTD Method- A Parametric Study’, Energies 12 (17), 3364, doi:10.3390/en12173364, 2019
- Noureddine Harid, Huw Griffiths, A. Haddad, Taiji Wang, Athanasios Anastasiou, Lydia Gkoura, Michalis Fardis, Marina Karaiyanni, ‘1H NMR Tests on Damaged and Undamaged XLPE and SiR Samples’, High Voltage, 4 (3), 203-209, doi: 10.1049/hve.2019.0077, 2019
- Hamood Naji, Noureddine Harid and Huw Griffiths ‘Enhancement of DUBAL Network Operational Performance Using Resistive High Temperature Superconducting Fault Current Limiter’, Energies 2019, 12 (15), 3007, doi:10.3390/en12153007, 2019
- Arai, K. Higashikawa, T. Koshizuka, H. Ikeda, N. Harid and A. Al-Durra, “Feasibility Study of Superconducting Cable Application to Oil/gas Power Supply Network”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, DOI 10.1109/TIA.2018.2866466, 2019.
- Rajasekharareddy Chilipi, Naji Al Sayari, Abdelali El Aroudi,” Coordinated Control of Parallel Operated Renewable-Energy-Based Distributed Generation Systems”, IET-Renewable Power Generation, Volume 12, Issue 14, PP 1623-1632, 29 October, 2018.
- Khalifa Al Hosani, Thanh Hai Nguyen, Naji Al Sayari,“ Fault-Tolerant Control of MMCs Based on SCDSMs in HVDC Systems during DC-Cable Short Circuits,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems,100, pp. 379-390, 2018.
- Khalifa Al Hosani, Thanh Hai Nguyen, Naji Al Sayari, “An Improved Control Strategy of 3P4W DVR Systems under Unbalanced and Distorted Voltage Conditions,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 98, pp. 233-242, 2018.
- A. Allam, A.A. Hamad, M. Kazerani, and E.F. El Saadany, “A Novel Dynamic Power Routing Scheme to Maximize Loadability of Islanded Hybrid AC/DC Microgrids under Unbalanced AC Loading”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 9, No. 8, pp. 5798-5809 November 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2697360.
- Azzouz, A. Hooshyar, and E. El-Saadany, “Resilience enhancement of microgrids with inverter-interfaced DGs by enabling faulty phase selection” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 6578-6589, November 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2716342
- Ameli, A. Yazdvar, A. Hooshyar, E.F. El-Saadany and A.M. Youssef, “Attack Detection for Load Frequency Control Systems Using Stochastic Unknown Input Estimators”, IEEE on Information Forensics & Security, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 2575-2590, October 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TIFS.2018.2824253.
- Saleh, A. Hooshyar, E.F. El-Saadany and H.H. Zeineldin, “Voltage-Based Protection Scheme for Faults Within Utility-Scale Photovoltaic Arrays”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 4367- 4382, September 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2655444
- Ameli, A. Hooshayr, E.F. El-Saadany, A.M. Youssef, “Attack Detection and Identification for Automatic Generation Control Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 4760-4774, September 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2018.2810161.
- Moawwad, E.F. El-Saadany, M.S. El Moursi and M. AlBadi, ”Critical Loading Characterization for MTDC Converters using Trajectory Sensitivity Analysis”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 1962-1972, August 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRD.2018.2809565.
- Kirakosyan, E.F. El-Saadany, M.S El Moursi and K.H Al Hosani “Control Approach for the Multi-Terminal HVDC System for the Accurate Power Sharing”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 4323- 4334, July 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2017.2786702
- Moawwad, E.F. El-Saadany and M.S. El Moursi, “Dynamic Security-Constrained Automatic Generation Control (AGC) of Integrated AC/DC Power Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 3875-3885, July 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2017.2770151
- Essam, Y.M. Atwa, E.F. El-Saadany, S. Conti and S.A. Rizzo, “Micro-Grids Reliability Enhancement Under Different Penetration Levels of Hybrid DG Units”, Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp: 1407-1418, July 2018. DOI:10.5370/JEET.2018.13.4.1407.
- H. Albadi, A. H. Al Maghdri, A. S. Al Hinai, E. F. El-Saadany, M. S. Awladthani, S. Al Hinai, A. Al Jabri, K. Al Azani and A. Al Maqrashi, “Technical Loss Reduction in Rural Areas – The Case of Saih Al Khairat”, Journal of Engineering Research, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 102-113, 2018.
- Kirakosyan, E.F. El-Saadany, M.S El Moursi and K.H Al Hosani, “DC Voltage Regulation and Frequency Support in Pilot Voltage Droop Controlled Multi Terminal HVDC Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 1153-1164, June 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRD.2017.2759302.
- H. AlBadi, Yousuf El-Rayani, Ehab El-Saadany, Hisham Al-Riyami, “Impact of Solar Power Projects on LMP and Transmission Losses in Oman”, Accepted in Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, Vol. 27, pp. 141-149, June 2018. DOI:10.1016/j.seta.2018.04.007
- A. Azzouz and E.F. El-Saadany, “Multivariable DG Impedance Modeling and Reshaping for Impedance Stabilization of Active Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp-2166-2179, May 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2016.2608280
- A UlHaq, E.F. El-Saadany and C. Cecati, “Probabilistic Modeling of Electric Vehicle Charging Pattern in a Residential Distribution Network”, Electric Power System Research, Volume 157, Pages 126-133, April 2018. org/10.1016/j.epsr.2017.12.005.
- E. Akhavan Rezai, M.F. Shaaban, E.F. El-Saadany and F. Karray, “New EMS to incorporate Smart Parking Lots into Demand Response”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid , Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1376-1386, March 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2016.2587901
- M. Zeineldin; H. H. Sharaf; E.F. El-Saadany, “Protection Coordination for Microgrids with Grid-Connected and Islanded Capabilities using Dual Setting Directional Overcurrent Relays,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid , Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 143-151, January 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2016.2546961.
- Rajasekharareddy Chilipi, Naji Al Sayari, Khalifa Al Hosani, Muhammed Fasil and A. R. Beig, “ Third Order Sinusoidal Integrator (TOSSI)-based Control Algorithm for Shunt Active Power Filter under Distorted and Unbalanced Voltage Conditions”, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 96, pp. 152-162, 2018.
- Anane, A. Bayadi, N. Harid, “A dynamic corona model for EMTP computation of multiple and nonstandard impulses on transmission lines using a type-94 circuit component”, Electric Power Systems Research, 163 (2018), pp. 133-139, 2018.
- Albano, Maurizio, Haddad, Abderrahmane, Griffiths, Huw and Coventry, Paul, ‘Environmentally friendly compact air-insulated high-voltage substations’, Energies 11 (9), 2492, 2018. 10.3390/en11092492
- Chiheb, O. Kherif, M. Teguar, A. Mekhaldi and N. Harid, “Transient behaviour of grounding electrodes in uniform and in vertically stratified soil using State Space Representation”, IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Volume: 12, Issue: 4, 7 2018, pp. 427-435, DOI: DOI10.1049/iet-smt.2017.0310, 2018.
- Kherif, S Chiheb, M Teguar, A Mekhaldi, N Harid, “Time-domain modelling of grounding systems’ impulse response incorporating nonlinear and frequency-dependent aspects”, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 60 (4), 907-916, 2018.
- Abdul Hamid, N. Harid, A. Haddad, and H. Griffiths, “Modelling of a 400-kV MSCDN Reactor for Computation of Voltage and Field Distributions during Switching Transients”, IEEE Access, pp 1-9, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2849929, 2018.
- A. Devadiga, N. Harid, H. Griffiths, N.Al Sayari, B.Barkat, S. Jayaram, H. Ikeda, Tadashi Koshizuka, Y. Taniguchi, “Winding Turn-to-Turn Short-Circuit Diagnosis using FRA Method: Sensitivity of Measurement Configuration”, IET Science, Measurement & Technology, 10pp, DOI: 10.1049/iet-smt.2018.5331 , August 2018.
- Widger, H. Griffiths and A. Haddad, ‘Insulation Strength of CF3I-CO2 Gas Mixtures as an Alternative to SF6 in MV Switch Disconnectors’, IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., Vol. 24, No. 1. 2018.
- Kherif, S. Chiheb, M. Teguar, A. Mekhaldi and N. Harid, “Investigation of Horizontal Ground Electrode’s Effective Length under Impulse Current”, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, DOI:10.1109/TEMC.2018.2864130, August 2018
- Ahmed Shehada, Krishnan Ramu and Abdul R. Beig ,”Multilevel Converter for Variable Speed Medium-Voltage Switched Reluctance Motor Drives”, Accepted for publication at 12th IEEE-ECCE conference, October 2020, Detroit, USA.
- M Raghuram,A Kumar,P N Kumar, M. M. Reza,S.K. Singh, Can Wang, Khaled Al Jaafari.(2020).”SVM based multilevel Z source matrix converter with reduced power devices”. The 10th International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD 2020), Dec. 2020. Accepted.
- Deepak Ronanki, Parthiban Perumal and Abdul R Beig, “Direct Instantaneous Torque Control of Five-Phase Segmented Switched Reluctance Motor with Bipolar Excitation for In-wheel Electric Vehicles, Accepted for publication at 12th IEEE-ECCE conference, October 2020, Detroit, USA.
- UR Muduli, AR Beig, K Al Jaafari, JY Alsawalhi, RK Behera , “An Improved Direct Torque Control with Battery Power Management of Open-End Winding Induction Motor Drive for Electric Vehicles”, Accepted for publication at 12th IEEE-ECCE conference, October 2020, Detroit, USA.
- Ahmad , Abdul R Beig, K Al Jaafari, JY Alsawalhi, “A Novel High Gain Bidirectional Switched Converter for Electric Vehicle Applications”, accepted for publication at IEEE IAS Annual Meeting, October 2020, Detroit, USA.
- Deepak Ronanki∗, Apparao Dekka∗, and Abdul R. Beig , “Comprehensive Evaluation of Phase Current Reconstruction Strategies for Four-Phase Switched Reluctance Motor Drives”, accepted for publication at IEEE IAS Annual Meeting, October 2020, Detroit, USA.
- Ahmed Shehada, Yan Yan, Abdul R Beig and Igor boiko, “Auto-Tuning of PID Controller with Phase Margin Specification for Digital Voltage-Mode Buck Converter , accepted for publication at 2020 IEEE Conference 21st IFAC World Congress 2020 nce on Control Technology and Applications (CCTA) to be held in Montréal, Canada, August
- Ahmed Shehada, Yan Yan, Abdul R Beig and Igor boiko , “Auto-Tuning of PID Controller with Gain Margin Specification for Digital Voltage-Mode Buck Converter”, accepted for publications at 21st IFAC World Congress, July 2020, Germany.
- Apparao Dekka, Deepak Ronanki, Krishna Reddy Pittam, Parthiban Perumal and A. R. Beig, “Modified Direct Torque and Flux Control of Switched Reluctance Motor Drive with Reduced Source Current Ripple for Vehicular Applications, accepted for presentation at in 2020, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2020,2920—2925
- Edpuganti, V. Khadkikar, H. Zeineldin, M. S. Elmoursi and M. A. Hosani, “Comparison Study of Electric Power System Architectures for CubeSat,” 2020 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy (PESGRE2020), Cochin, India, 2020, pp. 1-6.
- Edpuganti, V. Khadkikar, H. Zeineldin, M. S. Elmoursi and M. Al Hosani, “New Submodule Selection Algorithm for Low Device Switching Frequency Modulation of Medium-Voltage Modular Multilevel Converter,” 2020 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2020, pp. 505-510.
- Bamigbade, V. Khadkikar and M. A. Hosani, “A Type-3 PLL for Single-Phase Applications,” 2019 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, USA, 2019, pp. 1-6.
- Shehada, Y. Yan, A. R. Beig, and I. Boiko, “Comparison of Relay Feedback Tuning and Other Tuning Methods for a Digitally Controlled Buck Converter,” in IECON 2019-45th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2019, pp. 1647-1652.
- R. Beig, K. Al Jaafari, and R. Jayashree, “Operation of MMC Based HVDC Under SM Failure at Sending End Converter,” in 2019 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 1040-1046.
- Ahmad, K. Shiluveru, R. K. Singh, and A. R. Beig, “Coupled Inductor Based High Step-up Hybrid Inverter for Microgrid Application,” in IECON 2019-45th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2019, pp. 1653-1658.
- R. Beig, A. Dekka, and R. Jayashree, “Operation of MMC Based Unipolar HVDC Under SM Failure,” in IECON 2019-45th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2019, pp. 6133-6138.
- Shiluveru, A. Singh, A. Ahmad, R. K. Singh, and A. R. Beig, “Switched Capacitor Embedded High Gain Impedance Source DC-DC Converter,” in IECON 2019-45th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2019, pp. 5045-5050.
- R. Beig, M. Poshtan, and S. Kanukollu, “Novel SVPWM based Switching Sequences for Modular Multilevel DC to AC Converter,” in 2019 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2019, pp. 1858-1864.
- R. Pittam, D. Ronanki, P. Perumal, A. R. Beig, and S. S. Williamson, “Torque Ripple Minimization of Four-phase Switched Reluctance Motor using Direct Torque Control with an Innovative Switching Sequence Scheme,” in 2019 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 1810-1815.
- Harid, S. Mousa, H. Griffiths and A. Haddad, ‘Distribution of impulse current in earth grid electrodes’, accepted, IEEE Int. Universities Power Engineering Conference, Torino, Italy, Sept 4-8, 2020.
- A Devadiga, N. Harid, H. Griffiths, B. Barkat, “An Alternative Measurement Approach to Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA) for Power Transformers Fault Diagnosis”, in: The 54th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC 2019), 3rd – 6th September 2019, Bucharest, Romania.
- Loubani, N. Harid, and H. Griffths, “Analysis of UHF sensor response to EM waves excited by surface discharge in air using FDTD simulation”, IEEE 2018 Int. Conf. on High-Voltage Engineering and Applications, paper 440, 2018.
- Naji, N. Harid and H. Griffiths, “Enhancement of DUBAL Network Operational Performance Using HTS-FCL”, IEEE 2018 Int. Conf. on High-Voltage Engineering and Applications, paper 378, 2018.
- Wang, L. Gkoura, N. Harid, G. Papavassiliou, H. Griffiths, “1H NMR Tests on Damaged and Undamaged XLPE Samples”, IEEE 2018 Int. Conf. on High-Voltage Engineering and Applications, paper 435, 2018.
- Geyab, A. A. Quadir, H. Griffiths, N. Harid, D. Clark and A. Haddad, “Effect of current magnitude on measured apparent resistance of ground electrodes for 3 and 4-terminal low-voltage test configurations”, International Conference on Grounding and Earthing & 8th International Conference on Lightning Physics and Effects, Pirenópolis, Brazil – May, 2018.
Khalifa University’s Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) students Maryam Abbas Sajwani, Reem AlNuaimi, Khadeeja Khaled Hashem Mohamed Aljaberi, and Sumaya AlZubaidi of the ‘K-Drive’ design team under the supervision of Dr. Balanthi Abdul R Beig, Associate Professor, APEC,EECS, have entered the final round of the IEEE International Future Energy Challenge (IFEC) 2019 competition held on 28-30, July 2019 at the University of Wisconsin, US. The Khalifa University team is the only one from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to be among the top 10 selected for the finals. An international student competition for innovation, conservation, and effective use of electrical energy, the IFEC is open to college and university student teams from recognized undergraduate engineering programs.
Figure: The BLDC drive designed by the ‘K-Drive’ SD team
Best student paper award, 5th Int. conf. on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Bali, Indonesia, 2015.
KU students successfully designed and operated a smart crop growing system during APEC research-led senior design project.
Full-day workshop was conducted by MIT Professor Sreven Leeb on Jan 14, 2020. The workshop provided a hands-on lecture and laboratory workshop experimenting with a Programmable System on Chip signal processor like those finding increasing application for advanced aerospace systems.
As part of APEC center’s initiative on industry collaboration and knowledge transfer program, a workshop on has been conducted in collaboration with Opal RT Technologies, Canada, on the topic ‘Designing the Modern Electric Grid with High-End Real-Time Simulator Tools’. The workshop was conducted on 10th September, 2019 at ADRIC, KU SAN campus. The workshop covered a seminar on the various topics of hardware in loop (HIL) simulation related to power systems, especially on microgrids, followed by a demonstration of several experiments and test cases on microgirds.
The workshop has also covered various other topics related to power electronics and power systems. The event went on very interactively with a lot of interest from the research staff approaching Opal RT team with questions throughout the session. Below are key highlights and minutes from the session.
APEC organized a full-day workshop with Al-Ain Distribution Company (AADC). APEC presented its research capabilities as well as testing and training services based on the needs of AADC. Furthermore, APEC got the chance to know about recent projects and challenges within AADC operation, visit different places at AADC (e.g., training center, control room, etc.), meeting different groups (e.g, network planning, testing and protection, O&M etc.). Finally, the workshop served in advertising our graduate program as a group of UAEU student participated. The workshop took place on November 24, 2019.
The High-Voltage and Dielectrics Materials research group of the Advanced Power and Energy Center (APEC) at Khalifa University organized the 7th Research Symposium on High Voltage and Power Systems at Sas Al Nakhl Campus which took place on 13 February 2020.