Labs G0010, C00059 and C00060 are dedicated for this theme.The primary objective is to investigate robot based emergency response systems for extreme environments.
- Collaborative Robot Navigation and Robot Interventions in Harsh Environments
Here, we deploy collaborative robots (drones DJI Wind 4, Agras MG-1S and ground vehicles Jackal) in a fire related urban search and rescue (USAR) scenario. It addresses the following objectives related to the application of a team of UAVs and UGVs in a high rise building fire scenario:
- Intelligent feature detection, state estimation and data fusion (using deep learning workstations)
- Robust localization using multi-sensors ( GPS System fused with Radar, LiDAR, Visual Camera and drone’s sensory system)
- Decentralized collaboration of heterogeneous robot systems
- Optimized mission planning and decision making
- Search Space Coverage Path Planning experimentation for inspecting complex structure such as aircraft using a drone (e.g. DJI Matrice 100)
Some of the noteworthy equipment used are the Optitrack motion capture system, various small drines, and the Quanser QDrone , which are used for indoor localitization and algorithm testing.