Dr. Amir Mohagheghi
Program Manager, Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute and Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
Address: P.O. Box 5800, MS1373, Albuquerque, NM, United States 87185-1373
- Ph.D., Physics, University of New Mexico (USA), 1990
- M.Sc., Physics, University of New Mexico (USA), 1985
- B.Sc., Physics, University of New Mexico (USA), 1983
- GNEII Modular Format: GNEII Module 1 (weeks 1-3), Module 2 (weeks 6-8) and Module 3 (weeks 13-14), and Module 4.
- Nuclear Nonproliferation & International Security
- Nuclear safety, safeguards, security concepts, philosophies and technologies
- Nuclear Measurements and Detector Design
- High Energy Atomic Physics
Over 50 briefs and papers (2002 – present).
- 2002 ‘Nuclear Monitoring Technologies for Back End of the Fuel Cycle’, A. Mohagheghi, N. Nakashima, and J. Olsen, Council for Security Cooperation in Asia Pacific, Nuclear Experts Group Meeting, Winnipeg, Canada (2002).
- 2000 ‘A Novel Technique For Detecting Trace Levels Of Alpha Activity In A Large Beta Field’, A. H. Mohagheghi, F. Ghanbari, R. P. Reese, and E. F. Denton-Trost. Presented at the 5th International Conference on Methods and Applications of Radioanalytical Chemistry’, Kailua-Kona, HI (2000).
- 2000 ‘A Neutron Detector Based on Prompt Neutron Activation Gamma Spectrometry’, F. Ghanbari and A. H. Mohagheghi. Presented at the 5th International Conference on Methods and Applications of Radioanalytical Chemistry’, Kailua-Kona, HI (2000).
- 1998 ‘Direct Analysis of Air Filters for Alpha Emitting Isotopes’, A. H. Mohagheghi, S. B. Ebara, M. W. Enghauser, F. Ghanbari, and S. N. Bakhtiar. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, Vol. 234, No 2, p. 261 (1998).
- 1996 ‘Personal Nuclear Accident Dosimetry at Sandia National Laboratories’, D.C. Ward, A. H. Mohagheghi, and R. Burrows, SAND96-2204, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM (1996).
- 1992 ‘Effect of Sample Quench on alpha/beta Measurements by Liquid Scintillation Counting’, SAND94-1611C, A. H. Mohagheghi, Presented at the 39th Annual Meeting of the Health Physics Society, San Francisco, CA (1994).
- 1992 ‘Branching Ratio of the H-(n=2) Shape Resonance’, M. Halka, H. C. Bryant, C. Johnstone, B. Marchini, W. Miller, A. H. Mohagheghi, C. Y. Tang, K. B. Butterfield, D. A. Clark, S. Cohen, J. B. Donahue, P. A. M. Gram, R. W. Hamm, A. Hsu, D. W. MacArthur, E. P. Mackerrow, C. R. Quick, and J. Tiee. Phys. Rev. A, 46, 6942 (1992).
- 1987 ‘Observation of Motional-Field-Induced Ripples in the Photodetachment Cross Section of H-‘, H. C. Bryant, A. H. Mohagheghi, J. E. Stewart, J. B. Donahue, C. R. Quick, R. A. Reeder, V. Yuan, C. R. Hummer, W.W. Smith, S. Cohen, W. P. Reinhardt, and L. Overman. Phys. Rev. Lett. 58, 2412 (1987).
- 1985 ‘Measured Observer Performance in Detecting Targets Embedded in Random or Structured Noise’, C.A. Kelsey, R. G. Lane, R. D. Moseley, A. G. Williams, F. A. Mettler, J. F. Garcia, J.P. Vaughan, and A. H. Mohagheghi, XVI International Congress of Radiology (1985).