Do I need to take an English language proficiency test?

October 3, 2019

The language of instruction at KU is English and as such, all applicants must demonstrate their proficiency in English. Most applicants can satisfy this requirement by passing an English-based language test such as the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the International Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (iBT). Potential students who have not met the minimum required score in an English proficiency test are required to sit an English language admission test. The purpose of this test is to determine the level of English course in which the student will be placed.