Category Name > Energy & Environment
This course increases the attendees’ awareness of the impacts of the ONG Industry on the environment and provides basic measures that can be taken to minimize environmental damage. Topics cover environmental awareness, lessons learned from past disasters, ADNOC’s commitment to managing environmental issues, the role of the Environmental Agency - Abu Dhabi, basics of environmental management systems, and ADNOC’s COPs on environmental protection.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
Who Should Attend
- Understand the impacts of the ONG Industry on the environment and develop actions that can minimize negative impacts.
- Locate and understand ADNOC COPs relevant to environmental protection
Introduction to Environmental Awareness
- What is the Environment?
- Why Protect the Environment?
- Key Environmental Issues in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Environmental Disasters and Lessons We Can Learn
- Importance and benefits of sustainable development
- ADNOC’s commitment to managing environmental issues
- Role of the Environmental Agency, Abu Dhabi
Introduction to Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Introduction to ADNOC EMS & ISO14001
- The EMS Implementation Process and EMS Procedures
- Environmental ‘aspects’ and ‘impacts’
- Environmental Management System Documentation
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Environmental Management System Audit
Awareness on Important ADNOC COP’s on Environmental Protection
- CoP-V2-02 Pollution Prevention & Control
- CoP-V2-05 Waste Management
- CoP-V2-07 Environmental Risk Assessment
- CoP-V2-08 Use of Oil Dispersants
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material
Get the latest update from MIT Professional educaton.