Dr. Ashfaq Ahmad was born on 6th September 1986 in District Hangu, Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa (KPK), Pakistan. He graduated with BS (Honor) Biotechnology from Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology (SUIT) Peshawar, Pakistan. He has been awarded the Gold medal for achieving the 1st position in a Bachelor's degree. In October 2013, He obtained a Master's degree in Chemical Engineering from Chemical Engineering Department at Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP), Malaysia. In May 2018, He received a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP), Malaysia. He is currently working at Khalifa University as a post-doctoral fellow. His primary research interest in the field of “Algal engineering for bioenergy, environmental remediation, and high-value biochemicals." He also worked in the field of “Industrial wastewater treatment and heavy metals biosorption.” He made significant research contributions in the areas mentioned above and determined to add more to it. So far, He has published 22 full-length research papers in highly reputed international scientific journals, book chapters, and international conferences.
"• Post Doctoral Fellow (2019-Present): Chemical Engineering, Khalifa University of Science and Technology
• PhD (2014-2018): Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP), Malaysia.
• MSc (2011-2013): Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP), Malaysia
• BS (Hons) (2004-2009): Biotechnology (Gold Medalist), Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology (SUIT), Pakistan."
1. Water & Wastewater Treatment
2. Chemistry I FAC0015
3. Environmental Biotechnology BT335
4. Industrial Biotechnology BT330
5. Principal of Biochemical Engineering BT317
6. Medical Biotechnology BT402
7. Environ. Eng. Fund CEVN 3331
8. Organic Chemistry CCB1013
9. Industrial Effluent Engineering CCB4233
10. Polymer Process Engineering CDB4423
11. Chemistry II FAC0025
12. Research Methodology RES380
13. Techniques in Biotechnology BT301
14. Elemental Biotechnology BT238
• Water and Wastewater Processes Engineering Sciences (Aerobic & Anaerobic Treatment, Biomethane & Biohydrogen production from Industrial Wastewater).
• Environmental Biotechnology (Bioremediation of Agro-industrial Wastewater).
• Biofuel Biotechnology (Biodiesel & Bioethanol from Algae).
• High-value Bio-products from Microalgae.
• Biosorption of Heavy Metals.
• Carbon dioxide Sequestration.
• Biomass to Bioenergy.