||Senior Specialist, Research Placement and Assessment
||Office of Research
||College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
Reporting to the Strand Leader Research & Technology, this position oversees the daily coordination between CMHS faculty, SEHA-SSMC, and other clinical and research partners and the RTI Strand and Graduate Research Courses’ core faculty and personnel to assure that all projects and research operations are successful. This position also oversees the coordination of the medical and graduate student’s assessments and the assessment process coordination for all 4 RTI courses and graduate research courses, including assessment, formative and summative of all RTI research project steps, activities, and competencies developed by the students.
- Oversee and coordinate daily operations for the research placement of student research projects with partner institutions and collaborators for the overall student research program.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of research from the perspective of linking potential projects to faculty and students, with emphasis on KU and clinical sites preceptors.
- Track summative assessment processes for all medical and graduate research students.
- Provide administrative support in the placement and assessment of medical and graduate students’ research projects to the Strand Leader Research & Technology, and to the Associate Dean Research, faculty, and medical and graduate student engaged in such research.
- Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of all assessment and evaluation processes of medical and graduate student research to ensure they are meeting program goals.
- Provide assessment and placement information or prepare related reports as and when needed by the Management.
- Collaborate in other student research activities and events.
- Communicate with partners and external mentors for all RTI and graduate students’ research projects and faculty members.
- Communicate with all students on the status and progress of their RTI and other research courses’ projects.
- Coordinate formative and summative assessment activities for all RTI and research courses from the CMHS
- Provide support for the design and implementation of assessment and research placement CMHS activities and events including but not limited to student research.
- Ensure adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Education, or Healthcare-related discipline with 5 years of experience in related activities
- Knowledge of health educational systems and medical research
- Master’s degree in a Science, Education, or Healthcare-related discipline with 5 years experience
- A minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, research, and/or administration
- Experience working in a medical school or healthcare environment
- Familiarity with research operations
- Teaching, leadership, mentoring, and presentation skills
- Experience working with an education institution in the Middle East
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.