||Senior Lab Instructor, Anatomy Labs
||Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, College of Medicine and Health Sciences
||College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Senior Lab Instructor is responsible for overseeing assigned lab activities such as but not limited to the following.
- Work with colleagues to monitor and evaluate student progress and make appropriate recommendations for changes in the syllabus and/or teaching curriculum.
- Provide support, training, tutoring, and instruction to department students through one-on-one interaction, classroom presentations, and modeling application of course objectives.
- Develop laboratory-based research experiments for the Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology
- Prepare class demonstrations and experiments from working knowledge of the subject area, reference materials, and course outline
- Demonstrate and provide instructions to students in the proper use and care of laboratory materials and equipment; assists in maintaining the security of laboratories, laboratory equipment, supplies, and materials
- Monitor/contribute to undergraduate Senior Design Projects, including supervising undergraduate laboratory experiments
- Conduct the inventory of lab equipment and preparing procurement orders/requests for laboratory sensors/electronics/disposables in coordination with the laboratory engineer/University laboratory manager, taking into consideration strict safety procedures and checks
- Participate in scientific research as a professional, responsible member of the research team, including participation in problem exploration, definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records, and compliance to all established policies and procedures
- Meet regularly with the Advisor to update the laboratory experiments schedule related to the development and troubleshooting of techniques, as well as provision of direction and focus to the research
- Supervise students’ research and practical work and of their theses preparation, as well as participate in the evaluation of their theses
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A baccalaureate degree is preferable from an accredited institution in an appropriate subject area.
- Five years of relevant experience working in an anatomical lab.
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.