||Senior Auditor, IT & Audit Analytics
||Audit and Compliance
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Senior Auditor for IT & Audit Analytics will be responsible for developing, assembling, and distributing the analytics needed to support the University’s Internal Audit teams prior to the start of audit fieldwork activities.
The Auditor will also have responsibilities in addressing ad-hoc analytics requests that may come from the Internal Audit Leadership. From time to time, the auditor may also support and participate in Internal Audits focused on financial, operational, IT, or ethics & compliance risks.
- Identify and acquire the necessary data from relevant source systems used by Internal Auditors to develop the data analytics needed to support the Audit team.
- Work with Internal Audit team members, IT, and the Business to outline data requirements, and obtaining the necessary accesses to acquire data.
- From time to time, conduct financial, operational, and IT internal audit projects according to the Internal Audit plan.
- Work with Internal Audit teams for analytics that can be performed during auditing activities.
- Prepare the results, recommendations, and conclusions of analytics that may be performed.
- Share analytics results with the Internal Audit teams, and provide support/training as necessary to interpret and refine the results of the analytics provided.
- Perform Audit function from ad-hoc audit to agile auditing using artificial intelligence and data analytics expertise.
- Work with the Internal Audit Director, Manager, and Internal Audit team members to continuously define and outline the analytics best needed for the audits conducted by the Internal Audit Department.
- Develop the necessary analytics to support Internal Audit engagements, and support the Internal Audit team members as appropriate in the interpretation and clarification of analytics output
- Perform ad-hoc analytics requests.
- Conduct audit assignments according to the defined audit schedule.
- Assist in analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the control environment, and identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement in consultation with faculty and staff.
- Assess the quality, adequacy, and effectiveness of the business controls.
- Ensure that Internal Audit adheres to local and international audit policies and standards.
- Report and document all audit findings/results and recommendations in a timely manner, and in accordance with the standards of the Audit and Compliance department.
- Contribute, as appropriate, to the year-end financial audit with external auditors.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Analytics, Information & Data Science, Accounting, or related field
- A member of a professional body of accountants/auditors (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA, CMA) is preferred
- Expats: A minimum of 7-9 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.