Scientific Images, Footage, and Design Specialist
||Scientific Images, Footage, and Design Specialist
||Marketing and Communication
||Marketing and Communication
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Scientific Images, Footage, and Design Specialist is responsible for assisting in communicating science through photographic images, photos, or videos that can be used on websites and in publications and presentations.
- Assist University researchers and faculty members to communicate their science through photographic images by using various photographic techniques and equipment
- Work with University researchers and faculty to photograph/videograph a variety of subject materials to illustrate or record scientific or medical data or phenomena or data for further study and research
- Capture and record medical or scientific data using different instruments and equipment with minimal or no use of image manipulation software
- Work with University researchers, faculty, and students to produce and publish science videos as well as a number of other videos on various science and science-career topics
- Work closely with faculty members to capture activities in their labs and experimental results through photography or videography
- Record scientific data or medical phenomenon, analyze the subject and decide how to frame it
- Create photo or video essays about University research innovations that can be used on websites and in publications and presentations
- Create work that could be used to provide illustrations for scientific textbooks, journals, and teaching aids
- Coordinate with Research Centers to produce photographs and professional portraits for the websites
- Record research laboratory activities through videography/ photography as required
- Take macro photography of experimental processes or results
- Cover scientific stories for publications as required
- Use photography/videography to showcase University instruments and facilities
- Work on professional portraits for Research Center websites
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in scientific photography or a related field. Basic courses may include principles of photography, image manipulation, and location photography.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.