||Marketing and Communication
||Marketing and Communication
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Scientific Illustrator is responsible for creating high-quality scientific images for educational question banks and products and provide traditional two-dimensional drawings as well as illustrations created in the three-dimensional space.
- Design, develop, and create 2D and 3D graphics and technical illustrations in line with University’s publication standards and style guides
- Produce 3D and 2D perspective, isometric, and orthographic illustrations from blueprints, sketches, photographs, hardware, and oral/written descriptions that meet quality, technical accuracy, format, specifications, and requirements
- Provide manuscript figures, table of contents drawings and graphical abstracts, and journal covers
- Create technical illustrations based on a strong scientific foundation
- Create original illustrations for a wide range of scientific subjects to include biology, biochemistry, general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, and so on
- Create original 3D models for illustration and animation teams according to guidelines
- Ensure artistic excellence and factual accuracy of the illustrated work
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other teams to promote innovative approaches and enhance productivity related to illustration development
- Collaborate with the MCAT & University Readiness teams to create novel ways of visualizing difficult concepts
- Collaborate with faculty and team members to define schedules and deliverables, and to ensure goals are met
- Help maintain an efficient and successful production process
- Coordinate effectively with IT & quality assurance teams to anticipate and resolve issues
- Work to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to creation and content building
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in Scientific Illustration, Biomedical Art, Pre-Medical Illustration, Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.