Publications Senior Specialist
||Publications Senior Specialist
||Marketing and Communication
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Publications Senior Specialist creates and distributes publications for the University and colleges, They fulfill a variety of duties, playing the role of both marketing specialists and layout designers.
- Oversee the production of various types of print and online materials, as well as performing marketing services for the University.
- Facilitate a collaborative and iterative process of gathering content and proofreading with faculty/directors.
- Publish promotional materials, such as newsletters, brochures and reports.
- Writing articles, editing content written by others, and checking material to ensure it is accurate and free of plagiarism.
- Work with authors, editors, and reviewers to facilitate the submission of accurate and timely manuscripts.
- Support development and implementation of strategies and tactics plans
- Research, evaluate and introduce new tools /trends for campaigns and promotions.
- Plan, assist and support all internal clients with their Digital Communication needs and requirements.
- Ensure consistency of message delivery and alignment through all Digital Media tools.
- Initiate briefs, project plans, checklists, and follow up with internal and external clients to monitor progress, report update and supervise ongoing jobs.
- Review submissions for media ensuring required standards for quality and timeliness are met, and provide materials and information to reviewers as needed.
- Develop and maintain a records management system to track the submission, review, and maintain other records and reports as required.
- Evaluate the quality and accuracy of all informational materials and communications related to journal submissions.
- Maintain contacts with authors, reviewers, editors, and publication staff and serve as liaison among them for issues related to article submissions.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Expats: A minimum of 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.