||Academic Affairs, College of Medicine and Health Sciences
||College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The OSCE Specialist is responsible for observing and assessing the medical students’ clinical skills during standardized patient (SP)/objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) sessions.
- The OSCE Specialist will create realistic scenarios to guide and instruct the students from in and outside the university
- Provide quality patient care and to ensure patient safety
- Work collaboratively with the faculty to foster the application of critical thinking and the integration of knowledge along with the psycho-motor practice of skills
- Develop and implement clinical based scenarios in the laboratory and for the computerized simulators
- Demonstrate laboratory procedures and monitor the students in demonstrating procedures
- Operate and maintain the computerized simulation equipment
- Monitor laboratory resources, maintain inventory control and order laboratory supplies and equipment for the skills classes
- Collaborate with faculty as needed to ensure the preparation of laboratories and equipment based on course needs and schedule
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of the laboratory time to ensure adequate available time for the students to practice in the clinical skills lab throughout the semester
- Assist course coordinators to ensure that laboratory experience meets course objectives and caters to individual needs as requested by faculty or students
- Train the students in both basic and advance nursing skills
- Arrange for and visit clinical sites
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education/experience in clinical simulation and/or information technology.
The candidate is also expected to have the following experience:
- Previous experience in OSCE laboratory training
- 5 years of experience in health-related learning technology/simulation
- Possess the skills and ability to train the students, faculty, and clinical staff on simulation equipment
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.