||Manager, Contracts (UAE Nationals Only)
||Procurement & Contracts
||Procurement & Contracts
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Manager of Contracts is responsible for the provision of expert advice on contractual matters, agreements of all kinds, contracts, tenders, risks, claims, disputes, and all issues that are governed by contracts with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, partners, and inter-office entities.
- Plans and supervises various activities related to contracts, including developing policies
- Lead the development and management of Service Level Agreements and KPIs for existing and future contracts
- Develop improved contracting procedures, standard documentation, processes, and training materials
- Design and develop contracts’ standards, including the creation, maintenance, and approval of clauses, variables, deliverables, and contract templates
- Develop and review agreements’ documentation in coordination with the Legal Department with regards to contractual matters, particularly those related to terms and conditions, contractual claims, and counterclaims, as appropriate
- Coordinate the technical evaluation process, and participate in the commercial evaluation on the technically acceptable bids, and prepare award recommendations
- Analyze the business risks associated with specific contracts and contract provisions, and communicate risks to the management to facilitate the decision-making process
- Manage and coordinate the establishment of schedules and task assignments to ensure department service levels are maintained
- Provide advice on contractual issues pre- and post-contract
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and service representatives, including markets survey for latest trends in prices, availability, delivery, and quality to ensure that materials and requirements meet established standards and that applicable policies, practices, and procedures are understood and adhered to. Also manage vendor evaluation and approval processes.
- Prepare requests for proposals and specifications, including endorsing recommendations on purchases requiring management approval. Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bid and renewal. Evaluate overall revisions, price, and past performance of each contract.
- Follow up the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions
- Keep abreast of new legislation, government policy, best practices, and relevant external factors relevant to procurement and contracting activity
- Manage the University’s salvage operation regarding the consolidation of items for recycle and disposal in accordance with University policy
- Ensure adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks, accordingly
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 8 to 12 years of relevant experience
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.