Lab Engineer, Chemical Engineering
||Lab Engineer, Chemical Engineering
||Department of Chemical Engineering
||College of Engineering
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Lab Engineer supports the function and development of labs within the Faculty of Engineering and works closely with the Department faculty to provide high-quality technical support in the lab.
- Manage the allocation of work and responsibilities to the assigned technical team
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the assigned laboratory and the assigned laboratory staff
- Ensure work is carried out and performed to the required standards
- Monitor and maintain an organized, clean, and safe working environment in labs and ensures compliance with work-related legal, health, and safety standards
- Contribute to recruitment, training, development, and performance appraisal of the assigned lab staff
- Ensure that equipment and consumable stocks are within a pre-set level of expenditure
- Support in identifying and purchasing lab equipment, following consultation with appropriate faculty, and working closely with procurement/facilities management/finance departments
- Support in budget preparation by highlighting resource requirements such as equipment, manpower, and space.
- Advise faculty and students on all aspects of technical support services
- Work closely with the direct supervisor to provide excellent lab services to faculty, students, and researchers.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- B.Sc, M.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of ASPEN, HYSIS, MATLAB, SIMULINK
- Expats: A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.