||Hard Services Specialist
||Administration and Facilities
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Hard Services Specialist is responsible for coordinating all the required up keeping of the University buildings facilities, including the required maintenance as well as health and safety requirements.
- Follow-up on day-to-day maintenance activities based on helpdesk requests.
- Coordinate the maintenance of buildings, inspect premises to identify maintenance issues and report them.
- Monitor the work done by external contractors to ensure adherence to the University standards and Health and Safety requirements.
- Prepare PPM (planned preventive maintenance) schedules includes the review of the PPM performance.
- Oversee maintenance contracts for mechanical systems to ensure that the maintenance work is carried out in accordance to the SLAs and KPIs.
- Communicate and ensure a collaborative environment of high-performance teamwork with the Maintenance team, Facilities staff, Environment Health and Safety staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Coordinate with internal Supply Management to develop project sourcing strategies and research market for qualified suppliers of materials and services.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for management approval.
- Review monthly reports of service providers and utilities accounts and take appropriate actions.
- Ensure to keep detailed records regarding maintenance activities.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Assist with handling of contract administration including responding to requests for variations and claims.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
UAE Nationals: A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
Expats: A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.