Associate Director, Post‐Award
||Associate Director, Post‐Award
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Supervise, manage and support Post‐Award Senior Specialist, and Research Accountant including policies, procedures, processes, systems and data management.
- Develops or advises on best practices, policies, procedures and processes for post‐award management of externally sponsored Contracts & Grants, including monitoring of research and financial performance.
- Oversee post‐award management functions for external research projects.
- Oversee monitoring and tracking of faculty time, research personnel and student assignments on external grants and contracts.
- Develop systems and process to review actual vs. planned expenditures at the individual project level with the Principal Investigators, and report variances to faculty, department management, and others as required.
- Review related post‐award documentation regarding cost transfers, reports, and other university or funding entity reports as required. Interfaces with other business operations units as needed.
- Ensure grant fund expenditures are made in compliance with sponsor’s regulations and contract agreement.
- Audit financial and research performance, including determination of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure timely billing, collections, and accuracy of post‐award data systems are updated.
- Coordinate with Systems and Research Intelligence to ensure management reporting of postaward activities is accurate and available to the community in real time.
- Notify investigators and department administrators of grant renewal and reporting deadlines; assist investigators in preparing necessary documentation for site visits and reports.
- Ensure externally research progress reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre‐determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow‐up on employees’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
- Expats: A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
|How To Apply
||A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.