Undergraduate Admissions - Types
In addition to the minimum admission criteria, to be considered for full-admission, applicants must also satisfy the following requirements:
1. Proof of English language proficiency which may take one of the following forms:
- A TOEFL minimum 79 on the Internet Based Test (IBT).
- An academic IELTS minimum score of 6.0 (out of 9).
- An EmSAT minimum score of 1400
Note: TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two calendar years only and should be taken from an approved Institution. ( TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language | IELTS – International English Language Testing System)
2. Pass a admission test in Mathematics (Algebra and pre-Calculus) and Physics
Sample admission tests can be found here.
3. Satisfactory entrance interview
Applicants who do not meet the requirements for full admission as freshmen, but who are judged to have the potential to reach these standards, may be offered a conditional admission and required to complete a Preparatory Program.
In addition to the minimum admission criteria, to be considered for conditional admission, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
Proof of English language proficiency which may take one of the following forms:
- A TOEFL minimum score of 61 on the Internet Based Test (IBT).
- An academic IELTS minimum score of 5.0 (out of 9).
- A CEPA minimum score of 174 or an EmSAT minimum score of 1100.
- Or equivalent in other tests approved by MOE.
The Preparatory Program is an intensive, full-time program of developmental study in academic and technical English, mathematics, physics and computer technology required for success in a Khalifa University degree program. Students who successfully complete the program are offered full admission into the degree programs.
Students who are not able to achieve the standard for successful completion of the Preparatory Program within 12 months will have their conditional admission withdrawn, and they will be asked to leave the University.