- Bachelor’s degree (STEM discipline preferred) from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA 3.0; Science GPA 3.0 (A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for Bachelor's degrees and a minimum of 3.0 is required for Master’s degrees if the student has post-graduate degrees)
- MCAT: Official score must be provided. Scores 500 are preferred
- English Proficiency as evidenced by
- iBT TOEFL (internet-based test) score of 91 or greater or
- Overall academic IELTS score of 6.5 or greater or
- 1550 or greater EmSAT English score Exemption for this requirement may be possible for native English speakers who have completed a degree at an English-speaking university
- Pre-requisite courses:
- General Biology with laboratory – 2 semesters
- General Chemistry with laboratory – 2 semesters
- Organic Chemistry with laboratory – 2 semesters of Organic Chemistry
- with laboratory – 1 semester plus Biochemistry – 1-semester
- Physics with laboratory – 2 semesters
- Mathematics (College Algebra or higher) – 2 semesters, In addition, it is recommended that applicants have completed at least two courses in one or more of the following: bioethics, business, economics, epidemiology/statistics, cell biology, foreign/additional language, genetics, humanities, immunology, microbiology, physiology, psychology, social sciences, sociology.
- Student can meet Technical Standards with or without reasonable accommodation
- Three letters of support from professional and personal references. At least one reference must be from a faculty member from the candidate’s conferring university.
- Non-Academic Experience (Preferred)
- Organizational leadership
- Community service/volunteerism
- Design experience demonstrated innovation/entrepreneurship
* Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Admission to our MD program and Pre-Medicine Bridge Program is highly competitive and meeting minimum admission criteria does not guarantee admission.
- If you have been denied admission in the Pre-Med or MD program previously, you do not qualify to apply again.
- If you have dropped out of a Medicine program previously, you have to declare it in your application.
The following required documents should be scanned in a clear and legible form and uploaded to the online application:
- Certified copy of Bachelor’s/Master’s degree certificate(s) (as applicable).
- Equivalency certificate issued by the UAE Ministry of Education for applicants that have graduated from institutions outside of the UAE.
- Official transcript showing the grading scale.
- English language proficiency score certificate (IELTS, TOEFL or EmSAT). Official TOEFL score reports can be sent directly by your institution to Khalifa University of Science and Technology using the institutional TOEFL code 0960.
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) score.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Passport-style photograph on a white background.
- Valid passport. International applicants who reside in the UAE should also upload a clear copy of their valid UAE visa.
- Family Book (Khulasat Al Qaid – UAE National applicants only).
- Valid UAE national ID card (for national and international applicants who currently reside in the UAE).
- Personal statement for MD program must be 1000 to 2000 words.
- Why you wish to pursue a career as a physician (500 to 1000 Words) AND
- Why you wish to attend Khalifa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences (500 to 1000 Words).
- Personal statement for Pre-Medicine Bridge (PMB) program must be 500 to 1000 words.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Accepted applicants must submit all of their official documents before they register for classes. All documents received by the University are the property of Khalifa University and will not be returned.