Dr. Husameldin Mukhtar
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Visual Signal Analysis and Processing Center (VSAP)
Address: P.O. Box 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone: +971-(0)2-501 8425
Fax: +971-(0)2-447 2442
- Ph.D., Communication Engineering, Khalifa University, UAE, 2014
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, American University of Sharjah, UAE, 2010
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, American University of Sharjah, UAE, 2004
- Green Communications
- Error Control Coding
- Image and Video Processing
- Multimedia Communications
- H. Mukhtar, A. Al-Dweik, M. Al-Mualla, and A. Shami, “Low complexity power optimization algorithm for multimedia transmission over wireless networks,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 113-124, Feb. 2015.
- H. Mukhtar, A. Al-Dweik and M. Al-Mualla, “CRC-free hybrid ARQ system using turbo product codes,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 4220-4229, Dec. 2014.
- H. Mukhtar, A. Al-Dweik, M. Al-Mualla, and A. Shami, “Adaptive hybrid ARQ system using turbo product codes with hard/soft decoding,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 2132-2135, Nov. 2013.
- H. Mukhtar, K. Salah, and Y. Iraqi, “Mitigation of DHCP starvation attack,” Computers & Electrical Engineering – Elsevier, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1115-1128, Sept. 2012.
- H. Mukhtar, and M. El-Tarhuni, “An adaptive hierarchical QAM scheme for enhanced bandwidth and power utilization,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 2275-2284, Aug. 2012.
- H. Mukhtar, M. Hassan, and T. Landolsi, “An occupancy-based and channel-aware multi-level adaptive scheme for video communications over wireless channels,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2011, no. 1:199, pp. 1-17, Dec. 2011.
- M. Hassan, T. Landolsi, and H. Mukhtar, “A channel-aware and occupancy-dependent scheduler for video transmission over wireless channels,” International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC), vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 232-246, Sept. 2010.
- M. Hassan M, T. Landolsi, K. Assaleh, and H. Mukhtar, “An adaptive scheduling algorithm for video transmission over wireless packet networks,” Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics – Elsevier, vol. 36, pp. 1319-1326, Aug. 2010
- H. Mukhtar, A. Al-Dweik, and M. Al-Mualla, “Hybrid ARQ with partial retransmission using turbo product codes,” in International Conference of Information and Communication Technology Research (ICTRC), Abu Dhabi, UAE, May 2015.
- H. Mukhtar, A. Al-Dweik, and M. Al-Mualla, “On the performance of adaptive HARQ with no channel state information feedback,” in IEEE Wireless Communication and Networking Conference (WCNC), New Orleans, LA, March 2015.
- H. Mukhtar, “Link adaptation for wireless video communication systems, ” in IEEE 20th International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS), Abu Dhabi, UAE, Dec. 2013, pp. 66-67.
- H. Mukhtar, M. Hassan, and T. Landolsi, “An integrated adaptive approach for video streaming over wireless channels,” in IEEE 6th GCC Conference and Exhibition (GCC), Dubai, UAE, Feb. 2011, pp. 112-115.
- H. Mukhtar, M. Hassan M, and T. Landolsi, “A multi-level adaptive scheme for multimedia transmission over wireless channels,” in IEEE 7th Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, NV, Jan. 2010, pp. 1174-1178.
- M. Hassan, T. Landolsi, H. Mukhtar, and T. Shanableh, “Skip length and inter-starvation distance as a combined metric to assess the quality of transmitted video,” in 5th International Workshop on Video Processing and Quality Metrics for Consumer Electronics (VPQM), Scottsdale, AZ, Jan. 2010, pp. 208-212.