Mr. Mohammed Khaliq Naik
Mr. Mohammed Khaliq Naik is currently the Laboratory Engineer of Petroleum Engineering at the Petroleum Institute (PI) in Abu Dhabi. Mr. Mohammed Naik has been working since August 2012 and has been teaching undergraduate laboratory courses and conducting and helping graduate and undergraduate students for research.
Mr. Mohammed Naik involved in teaching of the two labs [Reservoir Rock Properties (fall) and Reservoir Fluid Properties (spring)], which includes supervising labs and conducting experiments, lab manual updating, Experimental setups, demonstration and safe operations and Lab previews.
Mr. Mohammed Naik research interest is in the area of experimental works involving extensively in conventional core analysis and special core analysis.
Mr. Mohammed Naik has published few articles in the areas of CO2 flooding and relative permeabilities measurement using core flooding and presently working on the polymer – surfactant flooding for higher recovery for a Research project.
He is a member of Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and International Society of Rock Mechanics (ISRM).
- Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, KSA (2003-2006)
- B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India (1997-2001)
- Reservoir Rock Properties Laboratory
- Reservoir Fluid Properties Laboratory
- EOR technologies like CO2, Polymer – Surfactant Recovery
- Conventional Core Analysis
- “CO2 Miscible Flooding in Tight Reservoirs: Experimental Procedure and Application”, Habib K. Menouar, Mohammed K. Naik, and Abdulaziz A. Al-Majed, The 15th Society of Petroleum Engineers Middle East Oil and Gas Show & Conference (MEOS), 8-10th March 2008, Bahrain International Exhibition Centre, Bahrain.
- “Low velocity impact behavior of composite pipes”, Mohammed Khaliq Naik, Dr. Faleh Al-Sulaiman, , Dr. Z. Khan, Dr. N. Merah, Second international conference on applications of traditional and high-performance materials in harsh environments, 20-21 March 2006, American University of Sharjah, UAE.
- “Accuracy of Porosity and Permeability Determination from Drill Cuttings”, H. Al-Yousef, A. Muhammadain, M. K. Naik, A. Loermans, Under Review.
- “Relative Permeability and Residual Oil Saturation Behaviors in a Depletion Process of Different Carbonate Reservoir Samples From Abu Dhabi Onshore Fields”, Abdessamia Jebbouri, Dr. Hadi Belhaj, Mohammed Naik, and Dr. Hadil Abu Khalifa, ADRAC 2014, 25th – 27th Feb 2014, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- “Investigation of depletion process influence on relative permeability and residual oil saturation of thick TZ carbonate reservoirs”, A. Jebbouri, H. Belhaj, M. Naik, H. Abu Khalifeh, Abu Dhabi international petroleum exhibition and conference, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2014.
- “Investigation of depletion process influence on relative permeability and residual oil saturation of thick TZ carbonate reservoirs”, A. Jebbouri, H. Belhaj, M. Naik, H. Abu Khalifeh, 19th Middle East Oil and Gas Show and Conference, Manama, Bahrain 2015