Dr. Waleed Salem Alameri
Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Arzanah Building, Room 8331
The Petroleum Institute, Khalifa University of Science & Technology
P.O. Box 2533,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Office: +971 2 607 5798
Fax: +912 2 607 5200
Dr. Waleed received his B.S. degree in Petroleum Engineering from the Louisiana State University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA, USA, in 2006. He went to graduate school at Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, USA, and received his M.S. and PhD. degrees in Petroleum Engineering in 2010 and 2015, respectively. He joined Khalifa University in Abu Dhabi (Department of Petroleum Engineering) on May 2015 as an assistant professor.
Dr. Waleed M.S. thesis was on “Use of Horizontal Wells to Improve Pattern Waterflood in Fractured Carbonate Reservoirs”. The topic of his PhD was on “Low Salinity Waterflooding in a Low Permeability Carbonate Formation of a Giant Middle East Field”. My research interests include: reservoir engineering, and laboratory experiments on improved/enhanced oil recovery in naturally fractured reservoirs.
The outcome of Dr. Waleed study during the PhD period was published in 5 conference papers (SPE and EAGE), and 3 pending patents.
Dr. Waleed was awarded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Award for outstanding academic performance in July 2003. He was also granted a full scholarship from ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (U.A.E) to pursue Bachelor, Master, and PhD in United States.
- Ph.D. Petroleum Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, USA (2010-2015)
- M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, USA (2007-2010)
- B.Sc. Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA (2002-2006)
- Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
- Petroleum Rock Properties
- Petroleum Fluid Properties
- Reservoir Engineering
- Enhanced/Improved Oil Recovery.
- A. M. AlSumaiti, A. Shaikh, E. Mathew, W. Alameri, “Tuning Foam Parameters for Mobility Control Using CO2 Foam: Field Application to Maximize Oil Recovery from a High Temperature High Salinity Layered Carbonate Reservoir”, in Energy Fuels, 31(5): 4637-4654, 2017.
- A. M. AlSumaiti, M. Hashmet, E. Mathew, W. Alameri, E. Darkwah, “Laboratory Study of CO2 Foam Flooding in High Temperature, High Salinity Carbonate Reservoirs Using Co-injection Technique”, in Energy Fuels, 10.1021/acs.energyfuels.7b03432, 2017.
- M. Hashmet, A. M. AlSumaiti, Y. Qaiser, W. Alameri, “Laboratory Investigation and Simulation Modeling of Polymer Flooding in High-Temperature, High-Salinity Carbonate Reservoirs”, in Energy Fuels, 31(12), 13454-13465, 2017.
- T. Jobe, A. Franklin, M. Alsuwaidi, W. Alameri, “Reservoir Characterization and Fluid Recovery in Carbonate Mudrocks-The Unconventional Conventional Reservoir”, in SEPM, ISBN: 978-56576-352-4, eISBN: 978-56376-353-1, 1-33, 2017.
- M. Hashmet, Y. Qaiser, E. Mathew, W. Alameri, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Injection of Polymer for Improved Sweep Efficiency in High Temperature High Salinity Carbonate Reservoirs: Linear Z-Ray Aided Flood Front Monitoring”, in SPE Annual Technical Symposium and Exhibition, SPE 188125, Dammam, Saudi Arabia, 24-27 April, 2017.
- T. Teklu, W. Alameri, R. M. Graves, H. Kazemi, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Low-Salinity Water-Alternating-CO2 EOR”, in Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 142, 101-118, 2016.
- T. Teklu, W. Alameri, H. Kazemi, R. M. Graves, “Contact Angle Measurements on Conventional and Unconventional Reservoir Cores”, in SPE Unconventional Resources Technology Conference, SPE 178568, San Antonio, TX, USA, 20-22 July, 2015.
- W. Alameri, T. Teklu, R. M. Graves, H. Kazemi, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Experimental and Numerical Modeling of Low-salinity Waterflood in a Low Permeability Carbonate Reservoir”, in SPE Western Regional Conference, SPE 174001, Garden Grove, CA, SA, 27-30 April, 2015.
- W. Alameri, T. Teklu, R. M. Graves, H. Kazemi, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Low-salinity Water-alternate-surfactant in Low-permeability Carbonate Reservoirs”, in 18th European Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery Conference, EAGE 23177, Dresden, Germany, 14-16 April, 2015.
- T. Teklu, W. Alameri, R. M. Graves, H. Kazemi, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Low-salinity-water-surfactant-CO2 EOR-Theory and Experiments”, in 18th European Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery Conference, EAGE 23179, Dresden, Germany, 14-16 April, 2015.
- T. Teklu, W. Alameri, R. M. Graves, H. Kazemi, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Low-salinity Water-alternating-CO2 Flooding Enhanced Oil Recovery: Theory and Experiments”, in Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, SPE 171767, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 10-13 November, 2014.
- W. Alameri, T. Teklu, R. M. Graves, H. Kazemi, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Wettability Alteration during Low-Salinity Waterflooding in Carbonate Reservoir Cores”, in SPE Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, SPE 171529, Adelaide, Australia, 14-16 October, 2014.
- T. W. Teklu, J. Akinboyewa, W. Alameri, H. Kazemi, R. M. Graves, A. M. AlSumaiti, “Stress Change Investigation during Polymer-augmented Waterflooding in Channeled Reservoirs”, in 48th US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium, ARMA 14-6937, Minneapolis, MN, USA, 1-4 June, 2014