Dr. Samuel Osisanya
Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering
Ruwais Building, Room 3119,
The Petroleum Institute, Khalifa University of Science & Technology
P.O. Box 2533,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Office: +971 2 607 5159
Fax: +971 2 607 5200
Dr. Samuel Osisanya is a professor of petroleum engineering at The Petroleum Institute a Part of Khalifa University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi; UAE. A retired professor of petroleum engineering at the University of Oklahoma USA, where he taught and performed research projects related to well construction technology for 22 years. He has eight years of industrial experience with Gulf (now Chevron), Shell-BP and ExxonMobil. He was a 1995 US National Science Foundation (NSF) Faculty Early Career winner.
Dr. Osisanya has one book publication, 26 refereed journal and 112 conference publications, presentations, and several technical and research reports. Supervised to completion 51 theses and 5 dissertations and served on 30 other theses and 18 dissertations.
He was SPE Distinguish Lecturer for 2011-2012 programs. He holds BS (1st Class – Suma Cum Laude) from University of Ibadan (1976), Nigeria, MS (1986) and Ph.D. (1991).from the University of Texas at Austin all in Petroleum Engineering. Registered professional engineer in Texas. Dr. Osisanya has taught over 80 in-house short courses for major oil companies in more than 40 countries
- Ph.D. Petroleum Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, USA (1986–1991)
- M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA (1984–1986)
- B.S. Petroleum Engineering, The University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria (1972–1976)
- Introduction to Engineering Systems
- Drilling Engineering
- Drilling Fluid Technology
- Production Facilities
- Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer
- Senior Design
- Horizontal Well Technology
- Statics and Dynamics
- Well Completion and Stimulation
- Surface Production Engineering
- Reservoir Fluid Properties
- Rigid Body Mechanics
- Natural Gas Engineering
- Wellbore stability in shale formations
- Drilling fluid formulations
- Horizontal well technology
- S. O. Osisanya and M. R. Haroun, “Evolution of Cementing and Stimulation Techniques for Horizontal Wells Drilled In Unconventional Shale Formations,” in Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, 2014.
- O. Omosebi, S. Osisanya, and R. Ahmed, “Integrated Model-Based Approach to Drilling Project Management,” in SPE Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition, 2014.
- C. O. Olotu and S. Osisanya, “Development of a User Friendly Computer Program for Designing Conventional Oilfield Separators,” in SPE Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition, 2013.
- M. J. Adjimah and S. O. Osisanya, “Development of a Computer Program for Solids Control.”, in SPE Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition, 2013.
- O. Opawale and S. O. Osisanya, “Tool for Troubleshooting Emulsion Problems in Producing Oilfields.” ,in SPE Production Operations Symposium, 23 – 26 March, 2013
- E. O. Omojuwa, S. O. Osisanya, and R. M. Ahmed, “Computation of Axial Load and Torque Distribution in Tubulars Used for Extended-Reach Horizontal Wells Using A Holistic Design Philosophy.” in Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, 2014.
- E. O. Omojuwa, S. O. Osisanya, and R. M. Ahmed, “Integrated Dynamic Analysis for Optimal Axial Load and Torque Transfer in BHAs Used for Extended-Reach Horizontal Wells.” ,in SPE Eastern Regional Meeting held in Lexington, Kentucky, USA, 3–5 October 2012.
- O. Omosebi, S. O. Osisanya, G. A. Chukwu, and F. Egbon, “Annular Pressure Prediction During Well Control.” in 36th SPE NAICE conference,in Abuja, Nigeria; Aug.4 – Aug. 7, 2012.
- O. L. Anifowoshe and S. O. Osisanya, “The Effect of Equivalent Diameter Definitions on Frictional Pressure Loss Estimation in an Annulus with Pipe Rotation.”, in SPE Deepwater and Completions Conference and Exhibition being held 20 – 21 June 2012 in Galveston, Texas.
- B. Badiru and S. O. Osisanya, Project Management for the Oil and Gas Industry: A World System Approach: CRC Press, 2013.