Dr. Hadi A. Belhaj
Associate Professor, Department ofPetroleum Engineering
Ruwais Building, Room 3112,
The Petroleum Institute, Khalifa University of Science & Technology
P.O. Box 2533,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Office: +971 2 607 5589
Fax: +971 2 607 5589
Dr. Hadi A. Belhaj is a Petroleum Engineering Faculty Member of the Khalifa University of Science and Technology teaching varieties of petroleum engineering courses; from Reservoir Engineering to Reservoir Characterization & Modeling to Workover & Well Completion to Petroleum Economics & Risk Analysis to Characterization & Modeling of Unconventional Reservoirs. Dr. Belhaj has over 35 years of combined petroleum industrial and academic experiences with key qualifications in reservoir engineering, simulation/modeling of fractured reservoirs, drilling engineering, well completion, sand production control technology, petroleum economics & risk analysis and characterization & modeling of unconventional reservoirs. Geographically, his experience is spread over North America, Europe, North Africa, Asia and the Middle-East.
Dr. Belhaj is a member of several professional societies and organizations. He is a continuously active officer and member of the SPE (Society of Petroleum Engineers) since 1980. Dr. Belhaj is the 2013 winner of the SPE Regional Distinguished Achievement for Petroleum Engineering Faculty Award (Middle East, North Africa and India Region). During the past two decades, Dr. Belhaj has contributed a number of consortium research proposals dealt with petroleum engineering and energy exploitation challenging issues. This effort generated more than $25 Million of research grants. Dr. Belhaj has presented over 100 guest speaker lectures, seminars and workshops for both industry and academia covering different aspects of petroleum engineering. Dr. Belhaj published over 100 journal and conference proceedings articles. Throughout the last two decades, Dr. Belhaj provided petroleum engineering consultations and industrial training to many international oil companies around the globe. Among the beneficent; KOC-Kuwait, NWD-Libya, PETRONAS-Malaysia, ADCO-UAE, Vietnam National Petroleum-Vietnam, Vineland Co.-Canada, ONGC-India, PRAXIS-Dubai, GAIL-India, and ADNOC-UAE
- Ph.D. Petroleum Engineering, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada (2001-2004)
- M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering, Technical University of Nova Scotia, Canada (1986-1990)
- B.Sc Petroleum Engineering, University of Tripoli, Tripoli, Libya (1977-1982)
- Reservoir Engineering
- Advanced Reservoir Engineering
- Reservoir Characterization
- Characterization & Modeling of Unconventional Reservoirs
- Well Completion & Workover
- Advanced Petroleum Economics
- Uncertainty & Risk Analysis in the Petroleum Industry
- Petroleum Gas Engineering
- Fluid Flow in Porous Media
- Reservoir Simulation
- Reservoir Engineering and Simulation
- Reservoir Characterization and Modeling
- Unconventional Reservoirs Modeling
- Well Completion, Workover and Stimulations
- Nano Scale/Nano Particles Applications in the Petroleum Industry
- Petroleum Economics, Risk analysis and Decision Analysis
- Hadi Belhaj, Achinta Bera, “A Brief Review of Mechanisms for Carbon Dioxide Sequestration into Aquifer Reservoirs”, International Journal of Petroleum Engineering, 3(1), 49-66 August 2017.
- Shuaishuai Shi, Hadi Belhaj, Achinta Bera, “Capillary Pressure and Relative Permeability Correlations for Transition Zones of Carbonate Reservoirs” – Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, (2017) DOI 10.1007/s13202-017-0384-5
- Achinta Bera, Ajay Mandal, Hadi Belhaj, T. Kumar: “Enhanced Oil Recovery by Nonionic Surfactants Considering Micellization, Surface and Foaming Properties” – Petroleum Science Journal, 2017, 14(2), 362-371.
- Hadil Abu Khalifeh and Hadi Belhaj: “Electro-Deposition of Asphaltenes from Abu Dhabi Crude Oil/Synthetic Formation Water Mixtures”, FDMP20160624581, Fluid Dynamics & Materials Processing Journal (FDMP), 12, No.3, 2017.
- Aala Awad Idriss Mohamed, Hadi Belhaj, Jorge Salgado Gomes, Achinta Bera: “Petrographic and Diagenetic Studies of Thick Transition Zone of a Middle-East Carbonate Reservoir”, Journal of Petroleum and Gas Engineering, 2017, 8(1), 1-10.
- Achinta Bera, Hadi Belhaj: “Application of Nanotechnology by means of Nanoparticles and Nanodispersions in Oil Recovery Process – A Comprehensive Review” – Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 2016, 34, 1284–1309.
- Achinta Bera, Hadi Belhaj: “A Comprehensive Review on Characterization and Modeling of Thick Capillary Transition Zones in Carbonate Reservoirs” – Journal of Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources, 2016, 16, 76-89.
- Achinta Bera, Hadi Belhaj: “Ionic liquids as alternatives of surfactants in enhanced oil recovery – A state-of-the-art review”, Journal of Molecular Liquids, vol. 224 (2016), 177-188.
- Hadi Belhaj, Hadil Abu Khalifeh and Khalid Javid: “Miscible Oil Recovery Utilizing N2 and/or HC gases in CO2 Injection”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 111C, No. C, 144-152, 2013.
- Hadi Belhaj and Haytham Abdulwahab: “CO2 Breakthrough versus Gas Processing Facilities: Qualitative Appraisal”, JCPT, vol. 50, No. 7, 61-66, 2011.
- Gabor Takacs and Hadi Belhaj: “Latest Technological Advances in Rod Pumping Allow Achieving Efficiencies Higher than with ESP Systems”, JCPT, vol. 50, No. 4, 53-58, 2011.