Mr. Abukari Iddris
Abukari Iddris holds a BS and MS degrees, both in Petroleum Engineering from the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, KSA.
Abukari has several years of experience in instruction of laboratory courses in the areas of Drilling Fluid Technology, Oil-Well Cementing and Well Control as well as in the development of laboratory infrastructure to support teaching and research. He also has over 15 years of experience in practical Well Control training using state-of-the art Drilling Simulators to both Petroleum Engineering Students as well as drilling professionals of major oil companies. This included training drilling professional for the International Well Control Forum (IWCF) certification by providing practical training on the Simulators and also participating in their practical assessment.
Prior to joining the Petroleum Institute in 2005, Abukari worked with the Petroleum Engineering Department at KFUPM for nearly 20 years where he was in charge of the Drilling Fluid, Cementing and Drilling Simulator laboratories. He also instructed the lab courses associated with these labs as well as making significant content revision of course lab manuals. He also participated in industry funded research projects for companies such as the SAUDI ARAMCO R&D Center.
Abukari has also been an active member of the SPE and is an inductee into the ’SPE Twenty-Five Year Club”, in recognition of more than 25 years of continuous membership in the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
Currently at the Petroleum Engineering Department of the Petroleum Institute, Abukari is in charge of the Drilling Fluid and Cementing as well as the Drilling Simulator laboratories where he instructs laboratory courses in Drilling Fluid measurements, practical Well Control on the DrillSim 5000 Simulator.
Abukari was also actively involved in the laboratory design and equipment selection for the Petroleum Institute Research Center (PIRC).
- BSc. in Petroleum Engineering, University of Petroleum & Minerals (UPM), Dhahran, KSA, 1985
- MSc. in Petroleum Engineering, King Fahad University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) Dhahran KSA,.1999
- Overview of the Petroleum Industry
- Introduction to Engineering in the Petroleum Industry
- Drilling Engineering Laboratory
- Oil Well Cementing Laboratory
- Well Control Operations
- Drilling Fluid Technology
- Pressure Control
- Oil Well Cementing Technology
- Fan, K, Akgun, F, Iddris A,: “ A different Approach in Handling Well Control Kick Circulation”, SPE/IADC 148514, SPE/IADC Middle East Drilling Technology Conference and Exhibition, Muscat, Oman, 24-26 October 2011.
- Abu-Khamsin, S.A., Iddris, A, Aggour, M.A.: “Spontaneous Ignition Potential of a Super-Light Crude Oil”, Fuel 80, January, 2001. p. 1415-1420.