Mr. Abdessamia A. Jebbouri
Mr. Jebbouri has completed his B.A. Sc. in Geology of Petroleum & Water from Science College in the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) in 2008. After finishing his study he joined Core Laboratories International B.V. (Abu Dhabi & Kuwait branches), as a Core Analyst in the Conventional Core Analysis Department for more than two years. In July 2010, Jebbouri joined the Petroleum Engineering Department in The Petroleum Institute (Currently A Part of Khalifa University Of Science And Technology) as a Senior Laboratory Technician.
His main research interests are reservoir characterization and modeling for carbonate reservoirs, moreover, understand the effect and role of geomechanics in forecasting hydrocarbon production. He has been a member of a major geomechanics study of onshore carbonate oil fields in UAE where his main contributions were to provide a standardized rock mechanics testings and data processing and reporting in accordance to the most worldwide accepted standards (ISRM and ASTM). Currently he is a member of ADNOC R&D – Reservoir Characterization and Modeling Group, as a project member for the “Reservoir Characterization and Modeling of Thick Capillary Transition Zone” study.
Mr. Jebbouri has always been an active member in publication in SPE (The Society of Petroleum Engineers) and ISRM (International Society of Rock Mechanics). He also delivered several technical presentations in local and international conferences (UAE, Bahrain, Turkey and lately in Indonesia) in area of Reservoir Characterization, Reservoir Engineering and Applied Geomechanics. He served as “Steering Committee Member” and “Session Chair” in SPE workshops titled as “Formation Damage” for two years in Dubai 2015 & 2016.
In terms of teaching, Mr. Jebbouri wa a nominee for “The Provost’s Teaching Staff Award for Teaching Associates, Lab Engineers and Technicians” in academic year 2016 – 2017.
In regards of researches and scholarships, he received a research award as his contribution to ADRAC and a bunch of certificates as his official participation and contributions to local and international workshops and conferences. Lately he received a student a scholarship in the 9th Asian Rock Mechanics Symposium (ARMS9) for his winner, impressive and innovative paper and he also the a winner of “Korean Society of Rock Mechanics” scholarship, in 2017 ISRM Young Scholars’ Symposium on Rock Mechanics (YSRM 2017) & 2017 International Conference on New Development in Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (NDRMGE 2017).
He is keeping an active membership of SPE, EAGE and ISRM; he is also the elected President of the “Young Members Professional Group” of the ISRM in the Middle East. Jebbouri obtained his M.Sc degree in Petroleum Engineering at the Petroleum Institute, where his thesis experimental-based focus was on relative permeability and fluids saturation distribution modeling for a thick carbonate transition zone in onshore oil field in Abu Dhabi.
- MSc. in Petroleum Engineering, The Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- BA. Sc. in Geology of Petroleum & Water, Science College, United Arab Emirates University, UAE
- Reservoir Rock Properties Laboratory
- Mechanics of Material for Petroleum Engineers (Laboratory Demonstration)
- Rock Mechanic of Reservoirs Laboratory
- Engineering Design
- Reservoir Engineering
- Reservoir Characterization & Modeling
- Reservoir Geomechanics
- P. A. Nawrocki, A. Jebbouri, “Elastic properties and permeability of carbonate reservoir” The Petroleum Institute 2017 R&D Conference and Exhibition, 21st March 2017.
- A. Jebbouri, H. A. Belhaj, “Characterization of Thick Carbonates Transition Zones is a Key to Recovery Optimization” The Petroleum Institute 2017 R&D Conference and Exhibition, 21 Mar 2017.
- P. A. Nawrocki, A. Jebbouri, “Strength and Permeability of Carbonate Reservoir Rocks” in 9th Asian Rock Mechanics Symposium, 18th – 20th October 2016, Bali, Indonesia.
- A. Jebbouri, H. A. Belhaj, “Improved Characterization of Carbonates Capillary Pressure Transition Zones for Optimizing Oil Recovery” in 9th Asian Rock Mechanics Symposium, 18th – 20th October 2016, Bali, Indonesia.
- A. Jebbouri, “Investigation Of Depletion Process Influence On Relative Permeability And Residual Oil Saturation Of Thick Transition Zone Carbonate Reservoir”, Submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the Degree of Master Of Science In Petroleum Engineering May, 2016, in The Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi.
- A. Jebbouri, H. A. Belhaj, “Understanding the Complexities of Thick Carbonates Capillary Pressure Transition Zones is a key to Recovery Optimization” in UAE Graduate Students Research Conference 2016 (UAEGSRC 2016), 27th 28th April 2016, Al Ain – UAE.
- D. Wang, P. A. Nawrocki, A. Jebbouri, M. Hozayen, E. S. Radwan and X. Zhang, “Geomechanical study of fractured carbonate reservoir – Part I, rock testing data”, in 13th ISRM Congress, Montreal, Canada, May 2015.
- M. Hozayen, E. S. Radwan, X. Zhang, Q. Ni, P. A. Nawrocki, D. Wang, A. Jebbouri, “Geomechanical study of fractured carbonate reservoir – Part II, wellbore stability analysis and FMI image logs calibration”, in 13th ISRM Congress, Montreal, Canada, May 2015.
- A. Jebbouri, A., Belhaj, H., Khalifeh, H. A., & Naik, M. (2015, March 8). Investigation of Depletion Process Influence on Relative Permeability and Residual Oil Saturation of Thick TZ Carbonate Reservoir. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/172827-MS
- A. Jebbouri, A, H. Belhaj, H. Abu Khalifeh, Investigation of Depletion Process Influence on Relative Permeability and Residual Oil Saturation of Thick TZ Carbonate Reservoirs, In, Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (November, 2014)
- A. Jebbouri, A, H. Belhaj, M. Naik, H. Abu Khalifeh, “Relative Permeability and Residual Oil saturation Behaviours in a Depletion Process of Different Carbonate Reservoir Samples From Abu Dhabi Onshore Field” Abu Dhabi International Research and Development Conference & Exhibition (April, 2014)
- D. Wang, D., Hozayen, M., Radwan E. S., Jebbouri, A., Nawrocki, P.A, Qi, Z., and Zhang, X. (2014). Compressive strength determination of limestone rocks from uniaxial compression and point load tests. KAYAMEK’2014 / ROCKMEC’2014, XIth Regional Rock Mechanics Symposium, Turkey.
- M. Hozayen, M., Radwan, E. S., Sirat, M., Zhang, X., Ni, Q., Nawrocki, P., Wang, D., Jebbouri, A. (2013): 3D Near-borehole Wellbore Stability Analysis and FMI Image Logs Calibration in an Upper Cretaceous Fractured Carbonate Reservoir, Onshore Oil Field, UAE, ADIPEC 2013, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2013.