Dr. Sami Ainane
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department
Umm Shaif Building, Room 4103
Office: +971 (0)2 607 5983
Fax: +971 (0)2 607 5645
Dr. Sami Ainane is currently the Head of the department of General Studies and an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Petroleum Institute (PI) in Abu Dhabi. During his profession at the PI, Dr. Ainane served as Dean of Student Affairs for four years.
Prior to joining the PI, Dr. Ainane served as Director of Undergraduate Programs and Associate Professor for the department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park. He also served as Faculty Director for UMBC Training Centers, University of Maryland, Baltimore County Campus, Mechanical Engineer for EEC Consulting, Rockville, MD and President for Dome Enterprises, Bethesda MD.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, US (1983–1989)
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, US (1981–1983)
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Grenoble, France (1976–1980)
- Engineering Education
- Erosion Corrosion in Pipes
Articles in Refereed Conference Proceedings
- S.Ainane, G.ertmer, J.Schmidt, “Keping the Flame Alive: What Happens AFTER the ABET visit”, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Montreal Canada 2008.
- Ainane, S., Thamire, C.,” Linking Student Achievement to Learning Outcomes Assessmant”, Proceedings of IMECE2005 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition Orlando, Florida 2007
- Ainane, S., Thamire, C., Hoffman, J., and Pertmer, P., “Accreditation Process of a Collaborative Program in Undergraduate”,Mechanical Engineering, Proceedings of 3rd ASEE International Colloquium on Engineering Education, 2006.
- C. Thamire, S. Ainane “Collaborative Engineering Programs at Frostburg State University”, ”, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Montreal Canada 2006.
- S.Ainane, G.ertmer, J.Schmidt, “Keping the Flame Alive: What Happens AFTER the ABET visit”, ASEE 2nd ASEE International Colloquium on Engineering Education, Berlin, Germany 2004.
- Ainane, S.,Thamire, C., Hoffman, J., and Pertmer, P., A, “Novel Collaborative Program in Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering”, ASEE 2004-1454, Proceedings of the ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, American Society for Engineering Education, 2004.