Prof. Khaled Salah
Prof. Khaled Salah is a full professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Khalifa University, UAE. He received the B.S. degree in Computer Engineering with a minor in Computer Science from Iowa State University, USA, in 1990, the M.S. degree in Computer Systems Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology, USA, in 1994, and the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the same institution in 2000. He joined Khalifa University in August 2010, and is teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in the areas of cloud computing, computer and network security, computer networks, operating systems, and performance modeling and analysis. Prior to joining Khalifa University, Khaled worked for ten years at the department of Information and Computer Science, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), KSA.
Khaled has over 170 publications and 2 patents, has been giving a number of international keynote speeches, invited talks, tutorials, and research seminars on the subjects of Blockchain, IoT, Fog and Cloud Computing, and Cybersecurity.
Khaled was the recipient of Khalifa University Outstanding Research Award 2014/2015, KFUPM University Excellence in Research Award of 2008/09, and KFUPM Best Research Project Award of 2009/10, and also the recipient of the departmental awards for Distinguished Research and Teaching in prior years.
Khaled is a senior member of IEEE, and serves on the Editorial Boards of many WOS-listed journals including IET Communications, IET Networks, Elsevier’s JNCA, Wiley’s SCN, Wiley’s IJNM, J.UCS, and AJSE. Khaled will serve as the Track/Symposium Chair of IEEE Globecom 2018 on Cloud Computing.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology (USA), 2000
- M.Sc., Computer Systems and Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology (USA), 1994
- B.Sc., Computer Engineering with minor in Computer Science, Iowa State University (USA), 1990
- Blockchain and IoT
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Networks
- Operating Systems
- Modeling, Simulation, and Performance Evaluation
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Fog and Cloud Computing
- Computer Networks and Operating Systems
- Modeling, Simulation, and Performance Evaluation of Computing Systems
- Khan, M. and Salah, K., “IoT Security: Review, Blockchain Solutions, and Open Challenges,” Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier, In Press.
- Kafhali, S. and Salah, K., “Efficient and Dynamic Scaling of Fog Nodes for IoT Devices,” Journal of Supercomputing, Springer, Vol. 73, No. 12, December 2017, pp. 5261-5284.
- Salah, K., Calaym, P., and Rauof, B, “Analytical Model for Elastic Scaling of Cloud-based Firewalls,” IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol. 14, No. 1, March 2017, pp. 136-146
- Salah, K., Hammoud, M., and Zeaddaly, S., “Teaching Cybersecurity using the Cloud,” IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, Vol. 11, No. 4, November 2014, pp. 1-10
- Salah, K., Badawi, K., Rauof, B, “Performance Modeling and Analysis of Network Firewalls,” IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol. 9, No. 1, March 2012, pp. 12-21
- H. Marzouqi, M. Al-Qutayri, K. Salah, D. Schinianakis, and T. Stouraitis, “A High Speed FPGA Implementation of an RSD Based ECC Processor,” IEEE Transaction on VLSI, Vol. 24, No. 1, January 2016
- Salah, K., and Chaudary, A., “Modelling and Analysis of Rule-based Network Security Middleboxes,” IET Information Security, IET Publisher, Vol. 9, No. 6, November 2015, pp. 305-312
- Salah, K., “Analysis of Erlangian Network Services,” International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Elsevier Science, Vol. 68, No. 7, July 2014, pp 623-630
- Salah, K., Alcaraz Calero, J., Zeadally, S., Almulla, S., and Alzaabi, M., “Using Cloud Computing to Implement a Security Overlay Network,” IEEE Security and Privacy, Vol. 11, No. 1, January 2013, pp. 44-53
- Mukhtar, H., Salah, K., and Iraqi, Y., “Mitigation of DHCP Starvation Attack,” International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, Elsevier Science, Vol. 38, No. 5, September 2012, pp. 1115-1128
- Salah, K., Manea, A., Zeadally, S., and J. M. Calero, “Mitigating Starvation of Linux CPU-bound Processes in the Presence of Network I/O,” International Journal of Systems and Software, Elsevier Science, Vol. 85, No. 8, August 2012, pp. 1899-1914
- Salah, K, “Analysis of a Two-Stage Network Server,” International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier Science, Vol. 217, No. 23, August 2011, pp. 9635-9645
- Salah, K., “Modeling and analysis of PC-based software routers,” International Journal of Computer Communications, Elsevier Science, Vol. 33, No. 12, July 2010, pp. 1462-1470
- Salah, K, “A Queueing Model to Achieve Proper Elasticity for Cloud Cluster Jobs,” International Journal of Cloud Computing, ISSN 2326-7550, Vol. 1, No. 1, July-September 2013, pp. 53-64
- Salah, K., “On the Deployment of VoIP in Ethernet Networks: Methodology and Case Study,” International Journal of Computer Communications, Elsevier Science, Vol. 29, No. 8, 2006, pp. 1039-105
- Calyam, P., Rajagopalan, S., Seetharam, S., Selvadhurai, A., Salah, K., and Ramnath, R., “VDC-Analyst: Design and Verification of Virtual Desktop Cloud Resource Allocations,” International Journal of Computer Networks, Elsevier Science, Vo. 68, 2014, pp. 110-122