Dr. Vinod Khadkikar
Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr.Khadkikar joined Khalifa University as an Assistant Professor in the Electric Power Engineering Program. He holds a PhD in Electrical Engineering from cole de Technologie Supérieure, Montreal, Canada (2008). He also holds an MTech in Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Drives, from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India (2002).
From April 2010 to December 2010, he was a Visiting Faculty at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA. Prior to joining Khalifa University, he worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the University of Western Ontario, London (ON), Canada (December 2008 to March 2010). He received a number of scholarships including MHRD (Government of India), Ministry of Education of Quebec (Canada), scholarship awarded by École de Technologie Supérieure, IEEE Industrial Electronics travel grant.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, École de technologie supérieure, Montréal, Canada, 2008
- M.Tech., Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Drives, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India, 2002
- EPE504: Power Electronics
- EPE604: Power Quality and FACTS Devices
- FDN456: Energy Conversion
- Application of power electronics in renewable energy systems
- Grid interconnection issues, electric power quality
- Active power filters
- Static reactive power compensation.
- Qasim M, Kanjiya P and Khadkikar V, “Artificial Neural Network based Phase Locking Scheme for Active Power Filters”, accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions Industrial Electronics, August 2013 (in press).
- Hanif M, Khadkikar V, Xiao W and Kirtely J, “Two degrees of freedom active damping technique for an LCL filter based grid connected PV systems”, IEEE Trans Industrial Electronics, June 2013 (in press).
- Alaraifi S, Moawwad A, Moursi M and Khadkikar V, “Voltage booster schemes for fault ride through enhancement of variable speed wind turbines”, IEEE Trans Sustainable Energy, May 2013 (in press).
- Edwin F., Xiao W and Khadkikar V, “Dynamic Modeling and Control of Interleaved Flyback Module Integrated Converter for PV Power Applications”, IEEE Trans Industrial Electronics, vol.61, no.3, pp.1377-1388, March 2014.
- Kanjiya P, Khadkikar V and Zeineldin H, “A Non-Iterative Optimized Algorithm for Shunt Active Power Filter under Distorted and Unbalanced Supply Voltages”, IEEE Trans Industrial Electronics, vol.60, no.12, pp.5376-5390, Dec. 2013.
- Zeineldin H, Mohamed Y, Khadkikar V and Pandi R, “A protection coordination index for evaluating distributed generation impacts on protection for meshed distributed systems”, IEEE Trans Smart Grid, vol.4, no.3, pp.1523-1532, Sept. 2013.
- Khadkikar V, “Fixed and Variable Power Angle Control Methods for UPQC: Operation, Control and Impact Assessment on Shunt and Series Inverter kVA Loadings”, IET Power Electronics, vol.6, no.7, pp.1299-1307, August 2013.
- Moawwad A, Khadkikar V, and Kirtley J, “A New P-Q-V Droop Control Method for Interline Photovoltaic (I-PV) Power System,” IEEETransactions Power Delivery, vol.28, no.2, pp.658-668, April 2013.
- Khadkikar V, “Enhancing Electric Power Quality Using UPQC: A Comprehensive Overview”, IEEE Transactions Power Electronics, vol.27, no.5, pp.2284-2297, May 2012.
- Khadkikar V and Chandra A, “UPQC-S: A Novel Concept of Simultaneous Voltage Sag/Swell and Load Reactive Power Compensations Utilizing Series Inverter of UPQC”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol.26, no.9, pp.2414-2425, Sept. 2011.
- Khadkikar V, Chandra A and Singh B, “A Topological Research on Two-Level Three-Phase Four-Wire Shunt Active Power Filters”,IET Power Electronics, vol.4, no.4, pp.463-470, April 2011.
- Khadkikar V, Chandra A, Barry A O and Nguyen T D, “Power quality enhancement utilising single-phase unified power quality conditioner: digital signal processor-based experimental validation,” IET Power Electronics, vol.4, no.3, pp.323-331, March 2011.
- Singh M, Khadkikar V, Chandra A and Varma R K, “Grid-Interconnection of Renewable Energy Sources at Distribution Level with Power Quality Improvement Features”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 307 – 315, January 2011.
- Singh M, Khadkikar V and Chandra A, “Grid Synchronization with Harmonics and Reactive Power Compensation Capability of PMSG based Variable Speed Wind Energy Conversion System”, IET Power Electronics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 122-130, January 2011.
- Varma R K, Khadkikar V and Seethapathy R, “Nighttime Application of PV Solar Farm as STATCOM to Regulate Grid Voltage”, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol.24, no.4, pp.983-985, Dec. 2009.
- Khadkikar V and Chandra A, “A Novel Structure for Three-Phase Four-Wire Distribution System Utilizing Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC)”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol.45, no.5, pp. 1897-1902, Sept.-Oct. 2009.
- Khadkikar V, Chandra A, and Singh B N, “Generalized Single-Phase p-q Theory for Active Power Filtering: Simulation and DSP based Experimental Investigation”, IET Power Electronics, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 67 -78, January 2009.
- Khadkikar V and Chandra A, “A New Control Philosophy for Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC) to Co-ordinate Load Reactive Power Demand Between Shunt and Series Inverters”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 2522 – 2534, October 2008.