Dr. Prashanth Reddy Marpu
Email : – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Prashanth Marpu is an Associate Professor in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Khalifa University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE. His specialization is in space systems, image processing, machine learning, remote sensing, and IoT. Prior to joining KU, Dr. Marpu was a researcher at the University of Iceland. Before that, he was a Marie Curie Fellow at the University of Pavia, Italy working on developing advanced methods for remote sensing data analysis. He has developed several approaches for processing remote sensing images and modeling hydro-climatic variables along with recent studies on urban heat island effect in desert cities. He is currently involved in designing and building small satellites as project manager of MYSat-1 and three ongoing satellite projects as well as developing advanced sensor networks using Internet of Things paradigm. Dr. Marpu is on the editorial board of the Remote Sensing Journal and is the member of the steering committee of the IEEE Environment Engineering Initiative and the vice-chair of the UAE chapter of the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society.
Dr. Marpu holds a PhD in Remote Sensing from TU Freiberg, Germany, MSc in Wireless Engineering from TU Denmark, and Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communications Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India.
- Space Systems and Design, Small Satellites, Remote Sensing, Machine Learning and Data Analysis
- Space systems, CubeSats, Remote Sensing, Hyperspectral imaging, Machine Learning, IoT
- N Liosis, PR Marpu, K Pavlopoulos, TBMJ Ouarda, “Ground subsidence monitoring with SAR interferometry techniques in the rural area of Al Wagan, UAE” Remote Sensing of Environment 216, 276-288, 2018.
- H. Ben-Romdhane, M. A. Al-Musallami, P. R. Marpu, T. B. M. J. Ouarda and H. Ghedira, “Studying the impact of El Niño 2015-2016 on a coral reef environment in UAE using remote sensing,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, 2018.
- R. Al Shehhi, P. R. Marpu, W. L. Woon and M. Dalla Mura “Simultaneous extraction of roads and buildings in remote sensing imagery with convolutional neural networks,” ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing 130, 139-149, 2017.
- A. Tsoupos, M. Jha, P. R. Marpu, “Plug and Play IoT architectures”, in the book “The Philosophy of Mission-Oriented Wireless Sensor Networks” Springer (2018).