Dr. Naji Al Sayari
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Ruwais Building, Room 3217 (Sas Al Nakhl Campus)
Dr. Alsayari currently is an assistant professor in the electrical engineering and computer science department. He joined the Khalifa University in 2012 after being with the oil/gas industry for nearly 10 years where he gained his industrial experience and had an exposure to real applications of engineering theories.
His research interests include power machine analysis, power electronics and their applications to electric machines and power system, power quality issues and renewable energy systems.
Dr. Alsayari’s publication record is growing, he published many papers in internationally renowned peers reviewed journals and conferences. He is a co-author of one book chapter. He has been granted several national and international projects.
Dr. Alsayari has received a number of educational awards and recognitions, including Sheikh Rashid Award for Scientific Outstanding Performance twice in 2008 and 2013, ADNOC good academic recognition four times during the period 1997-2001, and the Ministry of Presidential Affairs good academic recognition in 2012.
Dr. Alsayari is a co-founder of Power Electronics and Sustainable Energy (PEASE) lab, he is currently serving at the Petroleum Institute Research Center (PIRC) as manager of faculty engagement in addition to his academic job, he is also a member of IEEE.
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, The University of Manchester, UK, 2011
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2006
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Florida Institute of Technology, USA, 2001
- Electric Machine Analysis.
- Power Electronics Application in Power Systems.
- Electric Machine Drives and Power Electronics Applications in this area.
- Power Quality Issues.
- Renewable Energy Systems
- A. El Aroudi, M. Al-Numay, K. Al Hosani and N. Al Sayari, “Using Steady-State Response for Predicting Stability Boundaries in Switched Systems Under PWM with Linear and Bilinear Plants” Structural Nonlinear Dynamics and Diagnosis, pp. 367-391, Springer, 2015.
Articles in Refereed Journals
- Mohmed Barara, Adiuku Chimezie, Naji Alsayari, Abdul Rahiman Beig, Khalifa Hasan Alhosani,” Hardware Implementation of Voltage Control for Self-Excited Induction Generator Used in Small Power Generation,” International Review of Electrical Engineering(IREE), Vol.10, No 4, 2015.
- Raja Sekhara Chipi, Naji AlSayari, Khalifa Al Hosani, Abdul R. Beig,” A Control Scheme for Grid-Tied DG Inverter under Unbalanced and Distorted Utility Conditions with Power Quality Ancillary Services,” IET Journal of Renewable Power Generation, March 2016.
- Raja Sekhara Chipi, Naji AlSayari, Abdul R. Beig, Khalifa Al Hosani,” A Multitasking Control Algorithm for Grid-Connected Inverters in Distributed Generation Applications using Adaptive Noise Cancellation Filters,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, January 2016.
- M.Barara, C.Adiuku,K. Alhosani, Naji Al Sayari, A. Bieg, M.Akherraz, “Implementation of a DSPACE based standalone renewable energy supply feeding an isolated load”, International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering, March,2016.
Articles in Refereed Conference Proceedings
- M.Barara, C.Adiuku,K. Alhosani, Naji Al Sayari, A. Bieg, M.Akherraz, A.Abbou, An Isolated Renewable Energy Source Based Regulated Single Phase Power Supply Using Multilevel Cascaded H-Bridge Converter , 5th International Conference Power Engineering, Energy and Electrical Drives May 11-13, 2015 Riga, Latvia.
- M.Barara, A. Bennassar,K. Alhosani, Naji Al Sayari, A. Bieg, M.Akherraz, Flexible control for small power generation employing renewable energy source used in isolated communities, 2015 56th International Scientific Conference on Power and Electrical Engineering of Riga Technical University, 14 October 2015, Riga, Latvia.
- Saikrishna Kanukollu, Abdul R. Beig, Khalifa Al Hosani, Naji AlSayari, “Real-Time Simulation Based Performance Analysis of Active Filters for Drilling Rigs,” IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition(APEC), March 15-19, 2015, Charlotte, USA.
- Kunihiko Hidaka, Hisatoshi Ikeda , Nourredine Harid ,Naji Al Sayari, Tadashi Koshizuka, “Investigation of diagnosis on power transformer,” The International Conference on Electrical Engineering, July 2015, Hong Kong.
- F.A. Nugraha, N. Harid, Naji Al Sayari, B. Barkat, S. Ohtsuka, K. Harada, Y. Okura, T Sonoda,” Investigation of DC Corona Discharge Properties Using UHF Method”, 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics (ICEEI), Aug 10-11, 2015, Bali, Indonesia.
- Djilali Hamza, Khalifa Alhosani, Saikrishna Kanukollu, Naji AlSayari,“Mitigation of Low and High Frequency Harmonics in Variable Speed AC Drives Used in Oil Rigs,” Proceeding of the international Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Gothenburg, Sweden, Sep1-4, 2014.
Posters presented at conferences
- Anurag Anand Devadiga, Shesha Jayaram, Noureddine Harid, Naji Al Sayari,” Study of Diagnostic System for Power Transformers based on Sweep Frequency Response Analysis,”4th International Conference on Electrical Power and Energy Conversion Systems (EPECS), November 24-26, American University of Sharjah, UAE.