Dr. Khaled Al Jaafari
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Telephone: +971 (02) 607 6129
Dr. Khaled Al Jaafari received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering (EE) from the Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi (Honors with Distinction, 2006 and 2011) and his PhD from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, U.S.A. (2016).
Khaled worked for two years (2006-2008) in ZADCO as an Electrical Engineer at the upper Zakum Oil field platform, where he was part of the site facility and maintenance engineering team.
His research interests include machines condition monitoring, power system analysis, power system protection and power quality studies.
- Ph.D.Electrical & Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University, Texas, US (2011 – 2016)
- M.S.Electrical Engineering, Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE (2008 – 2011)
- B.S.Electrical Engineering, Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE (2001 – 2006)
- Machines condition monitoring
- Power system analysis
- Power system protection
- Power quality studies.
Articles in Refereed Journals
- K. A. Jaafari, A. Negahdari, H. A. Toliyat, N. Safari-Shad and R. Franklin, ” Modeling and Experimental Verification of a 100% Stator Ground Fault Protection based on Adaptive Third Harmonic Differential Voltage Scheme for Synchronous Generators,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications., March2017, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1.
Articles in Refereed Conference Proceedings
- K. A. Jaafari, A. Negahdari, H. A. Toliyat, N. Safari-Shad and R. Franklin, “Experimental verification of a novel adaptive stator ground fault protection scheme for synchronous generators,” 2016 XXII International Conference on Electrical Machines (ICEM), Lausanne, Switzerland, 2016, pp. 2237-2243.
- K. A. A. Jaafari, M. Poshtan and A. R. Beig, “Passive wide spectrum filter for variable speed drives in oil and gas industry,” 11th International Conference on Electrical Power Quality and Utilisation, Lisbon, 2011, pp. 1-6.