Prof. Hassan Barada
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, College of Engineering
Address: P.O. Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone: +971 (0)2-401 8075
Fax: +971 (0)2-4472442
Prof. Hassan Barada has been the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies of the College of Engineering at Khalifa University since September 2010. He has over 27 years of experience in the field of engineering in an academic setting. Professor Barada received Bachelor, Master, and PhD in Electrical Engineering from Louisiana State University, USA in 1984, 1986, and 1989, respectively. Before he joined the founding team of Khalifa University in 2008, he held academic posts at Lehigh University (USA) from 1989 to 1995, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KSA) from 1995 to 1999, and Etisalat University College (UAE) from 1999 to 2008.
As Khalifa University’s Associate Dean, Prof. Barada is responsible for overseeing the College of Engineering’s academic programs and initiatives that support and enhance academic success and the learning experience of students. He also leads the effort in securing national (CAA) and international accreditation (ABET) for all undergraduate engineering programs.
Prof. Barada’s research interests are in distributed systems with a focus on algorithm design for services and applications. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and a member of the IEEE Computer Society, the IEEE Education Society, and the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE). He was the Chairman of IEEE Computer Society, Lehigh Valley Section, USA from 1992 to 1995.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University (USA), 1989
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University (USA), 1986
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University (USA), 1984
- Distributed Computing Systems
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Distributed Computing Systems
- Optimization Algorithms
- Wireless Networks
- Moh’d Rezeq, Ahmed Ali, Hassan Barada, “Modeling of nanotips fabricated by local electron bombardment”, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol. 15, Issue 3, 2016, pp. 367-372.
- Moh’d Rezeq, Ahmed Ali, Hassan Barada, “Characterization and modeling of nanotips fabricated in the field ion microscope”, Nanotechnology Reviews, Vol. 5, Issue 3, 2016, pp. 301-309.
- Sohailah Alyammahi, Rachad Zaki, Hassan Barada, Yousof Al-Hammadi, “Attracting students to STEM: Obstructors and facilitators”, IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), 2016, pp. 941-950.
- Sohailah Alyammahi, Rachad Zaki, Hassan Barada, Yousof Al-Hammadi, “Overcoming the challenges in K-12 STEM education”, IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), 2016, pp. 951-960.
- H Marshoud, H Otrok, H Barada, R. Estrata, A. Jarray, Z. Dziong, “Realistic framework for resource allocation in macro–femtocell networks based on genetic algorithm”, Telecommunication Systems, 2015, pp. 1-12.
- R Estrada, H Otrok, Z Dziong, H Barada, “Spectrum sharing model for OFDMA macro-femtocell networks”, International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, Vol. 19, Issue 3-4, 2015, pp. 241-253.
- Moh’d Rezeq, Ahmed Ali, Hassan Barada, “Fabrication of nano ion–electron sources and nano-probes by local electron bombardment”, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 333, 2015, pp. 104-109.
- Doaa Al-Terri, Hadi Otrok, Hassan Barada, Mahmoud Al-Qutayri, Raed M Shubair, Yousof Al-Hammadi, “QoS-OLSR protocol based on intelligent water drop for Vehicular ad-hoc networks,” International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2015, pp. 1352-1357.
- H Marshoud, H Otrok, H Barada, “Macrocell–femtocells resource allocation with hybrid access motivational model”, Physical Communication, Vol. 11, 2014, pp. 3-14.
- Rebeca Estrada, Abdallah Jarray, Hadi Otrok, Zbigniew Dziong, Hassan Barada, “Energy-efficient Resource Allocation Model for OFDMA Macro-Femtocell Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Issue 7, Vol. 6, 2013, pp. 3429-3437.
- H. Marshoud, H. Otrok, H. Barada, R. Estrada, A. Jarray, Z. Dziong, “Genetic Algorithm Based Resource Allocation and Interference Mitigation For OFDMA Macrocell-Femtocells Networks”, 6th Joint IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking, 2013, pp. 1-7.
- Lina Mohjazi, Mahmoud Al-Qutayri, Hassan Barada, Kin Poon, and Raed Shubair, “Self-Optimization of Pilot Power in Enterprise Femtocells using Multi-Objective Heuristic,” Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, 2012.
- Sohailah Makhmasi, Rachad Zaki, Hassan Barada, Yousof Al-Hammadi, “Students’ Interest in STEM Education: A survey from the UAE,” IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), 2012. (Best paper award)
- Sohailah Makhmasi, Rachad Zaki, Hassan Barada, Yousof Al-Hammadi, “Factors influencing STEM teachers’ effectiveness in the UAE”, Frontiers in Education, 2012.
- Mahmoud Al-Qutayri, Hassan Barada and Tariq Al-Hawai, “A Framework for Steganalysis of Images in Internet Traffic”, Int. Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2011, pp. 204-225.
- Lina Mohjazi, Mahmoud Al-Qutayri, Hassan Barada, and Kin Poon, “Performance Evaluation of Heuristic Techniques for Coverage Optimization in Femtocells,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, 2011, pp. 587-590.
- Lina Mohjazi, Mahmoud Al-Qutayri, Hassan Barada, Kin Poon, and Raed Shubair., “Deployment challenges of femtocells in future indoor wireless networks,” 2011 IEEE GCC Conf. & Exhibition, 2011, pp. 405-408.
- Mahmoud Al-Qutayri, Hassan Barada and Saeed Al-Mehairi, “Integrated Secure Wireless System for Smart Home Monitoring and Control”, Int. Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, Vol.2, Nos.2/3, 2010, pp. 181-198.