Dr. Joonsang Baek
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Monash University (AUS), 2004
- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology – IT Convergence Campus (KOR), 2000
- B.Sc., Mathematics, Pohang University of Science and Technology (KOR), 1998
- Cryptographic Algorithm Design
- Mathematics for Information Security
- Advanced Cryptography
- Computer and Network Security
- Probability and Statistics
- Stochastic Processes
- Advanced Internet and Computing Paradigms
- Design and analysis of cryptographic algorithms
- Applied cryptography focusing on designing lightweight cryptographic algorithms for resource-constrained devices
- Smart grid security, sensor network security
- J. Baek, C. Chu and J. Zhou, On Shortening Ciphertexts: New Constructions for Compact Public Key and Stateful Encryption Schemes , In Cryptographer’s Track, RSA Conference 2011 (CT-RSA 2011), LNCS 6558, pp. 302-318, Springer-Verlag, 2011.
- J. Baek and J. Zhou, Compact Identity-Based Encryption without Strong Symmetric Cipher , Proc. of ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS 2011), ACM Press, 2011, to appear.
- J. Baek, W. Susilo, J. K. Liu and J. Zhou, A New Variant of the Cramer-Shoup KEM Secure against Chosen Ciphertext Attack , In International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security 2009 (ACNS 2009), LNCS 5536, pp. 143-155, Springer-Verlag, 2009.
- J. Baek, D. Galindo, W. Susilo and J. Zhou, Constructing Strong KEM from Weak KEM (or How to Revive the KEM/DEM Framework), In Conference on Security and Cryptography for Networks 2008 (SCN 2008), LNCS 5229, pp. 358-374, Springer-Verlag, 2008.
- J. Baek, H. Tan, J. Zhou and J. Wong, Realizing Stateful Public Key Encryption in Wireless Sensor Network, In IFIP TC 11 23rd International Information Security Conference (IFIP-SEC 2008), pp. 95 – 108, Springer-Verlag, 2008.
- J. Baek, R. Steinfeld and Y. Zheng, Formal Proofs for the Security of Signcryption, Journal of Cryptology, Vol. 20, No. 2, April, pp 203-235, Springer-Verlag, 2007.
- J. Baek, R. Safavi-Naini and W. Susilo, Universal Designated Verifier Signature Proof (or How to Efficiently Prove Knowledge of a Signature), In Advances in Cryptology – Asiacrypt 2005, LNCS 3788, pp. 644-661, Springer-Verlag, 2005.
- J. Baek, R. Safavi-Naini and W. Susilo, Efficient Multi-Receiver Identity-Based Encryption and Its Application to Broadcast Encryption, In International Workshop on Practice and Theory in Public Key Cryptography (PKC 2005), LNCS 3386, pp.380-397, Springer-Verlag, 2005.
- J. Baek and Y. Zheng, Identity-Based Threshold Decryption , In International Workshop on Public Key Cryptography (PKC 2004), LNCS 2947, pp. 262-276, Springer-Verlag, 2004.
- J. Baek and Y. Zheng, Zheng and Seberry’s Public Key Encryption Scheme Revisited , International Journal of Information Security (IJIS), Vol. 2, No. 1, November, pp. 37-44, Springer Verlag, 2003.
- J. Baek, B. Lee, and K. Kim, Secure Length-Saving ElGamal Encryption under the Computational Diffie-Hellman Assumption, In Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ACISP 2000), LNCS 1841, pp. 49-58, Springer-Verlag, 2000.
- J. Liu, J. Baek, and J. Zhou. Efficient Online/Offline Identity-Based Signature for Wireless Sensor Network. US Provisional Patent No. 61/057043, Filed on 29 May 2008.
- J. Baek, B. Lee, K. Kim, Public-Key Encryption Scheme for Providing Provable Security Based on Computational Diffie-Hellman Assumption, US Patent No. 09825876, 5 April, 2001.