Dr. Yasser Fowad AlWahedi
Bu Hasa Building, Room 2-211
Office: +971 2 607 5869
Fax: +971 2 607 5200
Dr. Al Wahedi graduated from the Petroleum Institute with a B.Sc. in Chemical engineering in 2006 among the first batch of graduates. He joined GASCO as a process engineer in the same year. In 2009, he pursed his PhD in chemical engineering in the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus. He graduated with M.Sc. in 2012 and PhD in 2015. His research is focused on the development of adsorbents for H2S removal, adsorption modeling, and adsorption systems upscaling, design and optimization. Moreover, his research spans also the field of zeolite based catalysis and zeolite characterization. In 2013, Dr. Al Wahedi joined the Gas Research Center as a Senior Technology Officer. Upon his receipt of the PhD degree he was promoted to the Chief Technology Officer position. His work in the GRC focused on research management and technical support. In August 2015, Dr. Al Wahedi joined the faculty of Chemical Engineering as Assistant Professor.
- Ph.D . Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA (2009–2015)
- M.Sc. Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA (2009–2012)
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE (2001–2006)
- Fluid Mechanics
- Process Control
- Engineering Economics
- Gas Processing
- Process Systems Engineering
- Al Wahedi Y, Awayyes J, Bassioni G. “Influence of modern and classical superplasticizers on the chemical and rheological behavior of oil well-cement”. Advances in Cement Research, Vol. 23, No.4, pp-175-184, 2011.
- Zhang X., Liu D., Xu D., Asahina S., Cychosz K., Varoon K., Al Wahedi Y., Bhan A., Al Hashimi S., Tersaki O., Thommes M., Tsapatsis M. “Synthesis of Self-Pillared Zeolite Nanosheets by Repetitive Branching”, Science , 2012, Vol. 336 no. 6089 pp. 1684-1687
- Elyassi, B., Wahedi Y.A. Rajabbeigi N., Kumar P., Jeong J.S., Zhang X., Kumar P., Balasubramanian V.V., Katsiotis M.S., Andre Mkhoyan K., Boukos N., Hashimi S.A., Tsapatsis M., “A High-performance Adsorbent for Hydrogen Sulfide Removal”, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2014 190, 152-155
- Katsiotis, M. S., Fardis, M., Al Wahedi, Y. F., Stephen S., Tzitzios V., Boukos N., Kim H. J., Al Hassan S., &Papavassiliou, G. “Water Coordination, Proton Mobility and Lewis Acidity in HY Nanozeolites: A High Temperature 1H and 27Al NMR Study”. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119 (6), pp 3428–3438
- Al Wahedi Y., Torres A., Al Hashimi S., Dowling N., Daoutidis P., Tsapatsis M., “Economic assessment of Temperature Swing Adsorption systems as Claus Tail Gas Clean Up Units”, Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 126, 2015, Pages 186-195.
- Al Wahedi, Y., Rabie, A.H., Al Shaiba, A., Geuzebroek, F., Daoutidis, P. “Optimization of Adsorption-Based Natural Gas Dryers” , Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 55(16), 2016, pp. 4658-4667.
- Yang, Z., Khan, T.S., Alshehhi, M., AlWahedi, Y.F. “Economic assessment of carbon capture by minichannel absorbers“, AIChE Journal, 64(2), 2018, pp. 620-631.
- Satyadileep, D. ,Berrouk, A.S., Al Wahidi, Y., Leyland, S. , Andrade, A. , Georgis, D. , El Nasr, A.S. , Geuzebroek, F. “Advanced Model-Based Optimization of a Commercial Natural Gas Liquid Recovery Unit”, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, Vol. 44, 2018, pp. 775-780.
- Satyadileep, D. ,AlHammadi, A. A., Berrouk, A.S., Al Khasawneh, F., Al Shaiba A., Al Wahedi, Y.F., “Carbon footprint reduction of acid gas enrichment units in hot climates: A techno-economic simulation study”, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 201, 2018, pp 974-987.
- Panopoulos, N., Pissas, M., Kim, H. J., Kim, J-G, Yoo, S. J., Hassan, J., AlWahedi, Y., Alhassan, S., Fardis, M., Boukos, N., Papavassiliou, G. “Polaron freezing and the quantum liquid-crystal phase in the ferromagnetic metallic La0.67Ca0.33MnO3”, npj Quantum Materials, 2018, Open Access.