Dr. Srinivasa Kannan Chandrasekar
Bu Hasa Building, Room 2-208
Office: +971 2 607 5580
Fax: +971 2 607 5200
Dr. C. S. Kannan, currently serves as Professor of Chemical Engineering. His main research interest includes development of porous material/catalyst for application to different separation processes, fluidization, process modeling, simulation, optimization, energy conversion, waste water treatment.
He has published numerous articles in renowned refereed journals and conference proceedings. He also delivered several presentations in international conferences and is the author of a few book chapters. Furthermore, he serves as a reviewer for number of reputable international journals.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India (1989-1993)
- M. Tech. Chemical Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India, (1987-1989)
- B.E. Chemical Engineering, Annamalai University, India (1983-1987)
- Mass Transfer
- Heat Transfer
- Design of experiments
- Petroleum Refining
- Chemical Engineering Design
- Engineering Economics
- Process modeling, simulation, optimization
- Porous materials/Adsorption/catalysis
- Waste water treatment
- Drying, Pyrolysis, gasification
- Shaohua Yin, Kaihua Chen, C Srinivasakannan,ShenghuiGuo, Shiwei Li, Jinhui Peng, Libo Zhang , Enhanced recovery of ammonia from rare earth wastewater by air stripping combination of microwave heating and high gravity technology, Chemical Engineering Journal, 337, 515-521 2018
- Feng Jiang, Shaohua Yin, C Srinivasakannan, Shiwei Li, Jinhui Peng, Separation of lanthanum and cerium from chloride medium in presence of complexing agent along with EHEHPA (P507) in a serpentine microreactor, Chemical Engineering Journal, 334, 2208-2214, 2018
- KSK Reddy, A Al Shoaibi, C Srinivasakannan, Mercury removal using metal sulfide porous carbon complex, Process Safety and Environmental Protection 114, 153-158, 2018.
- S Yin, K Chen, C Srinivasakannan, S Li, J Zhou, J Peng, L Zhang, Microfluidic solvent extraction of Ce (III) and Pr (III) from a chloride solution using EHEHPA (P507) in a serpentine microreactor, Hydrometallurgy 175, 266-272, 2018
- K Feng, G Chen, J Chen, C Srinivasakannan, J Peng, R Ruan, Experimental investigation on drying characteristic of titanium slag using microwave heating
- Drying Technology, 1-6, 2018
- B Rubahamya, KSK Reddy, AA Shoaibi, C Srinivasakannan, Porous carbon nitrification process optimization for enhanced benzene adsorption
- Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures 26 (1), 16-22, 2018
- B Rubahamya, KS Kumar Reddy, A Al Shoaibi, C Srinivasakannan, Enhanced separation of Toluene and Xylene through surface modified porous carbon matrix,
- Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures 26 (4), 205-209, 2018
- C Xiong, S Wang, L Zhang, Y Li, C Srinivasakannan, J Peng, Preparation and application of phosphinic acid functionalized nanosilica for the effective removal of mercury (II) in aqueous solutions, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 1-13, 2018
- KSK Reddy, B Rubahamya, A Al Shoaibi, C Srinivasakannan, Solid support ionic liquid (SSIL) adsorbents for mercury removal from natural gas, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 1-8, 2018.
- AA Edathil, F Banat, KSK Reddy, C Srinivasakannan, A Shoaibi, Alginate-pyrolyzed porous carbon as efficient gas phase elemental mercury scavengerJournal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 55, 165-173, 2018