Dr. Nahla Alamoodi
Arzanah Building, Room 327
Office: +971 2 607 5587
Fax: +971 2 607 5200
Nahla Alamoodi joined the Department of Chemical Engineering of Khalifa University in November 2016 as an Assistant Professor. She received her Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering from the American University of Sharjah, received her Masters of Engineering in Chemical Engineering from the Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi (2010) and her PhD from the department of Chemical Engineering & Materials Science at the University of Minnesota, U.S.A. (2016).
Dr. Alamoodi worked on plant-wide control of conventional steam power plants. Her work focused on designing a decoupling mechanism with a model based observer that eliminates the nonminimum phase steam dynamics for the implementation of nonlinear based feedback control.
Her current research interests are process control, process design, simulation, optimization and intensification, gas processing, waste management, and microfluidics.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minnesota, U.S.A., 2016
- M. Eng. Chemical Engineering, The Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., 2010
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, U.A.E, 2006.
- Computational methods for chemical engineers
- Experimental design and analysis
- Introduction to coding
- Waste management
- Gas processing
- Malek, A., Alamoodi, N., Almansoori, A. S., & Daoutidis, P. (2016). Optimal dynamic operation of microalgae cultivation coupled with recovery of flue gas CO2 and waste heat. Computers and Chemical Engineering. DOI: 10.1016/j.compchemeng.2017.01.011
- Alamoodi, N., Daoutidis, P., “Nonlinear control of coal-fired steam power plants”, Control Engineering Practice 60 (2017) 63-75.
- Alamoodi, N., Daoutidis, P., “Nonlinear Decoupling Control with Deadtime Compensation for Multi-Range Operation of Steam Power Plants” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, VOL. 24, NO. 1, JANUARY 2016.
- Al Amoodi, Nahla, Kannan, Pravin, Al Shoaibi, Ahmed Srinivasakannan, C. “ASPEN PLUS SIMULATION OF POLYETHYLENE GASIFICATION UNDER EQUILIBRIUM CONDITIONS” Chemical Engineering Communications, Vol. 200, Issue 7, p977-992, July 2013.
- N. Al Amoodi, H. Selim, A.K.Gupta, M. Sassi, A. Al Shoaibi, “Numerical Simulations of the Thermal Stage in Claus Process: Equilibrium and Kinetic Investigation”, 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Orlando, FL, January 4-7, 2010.
- R. Chebbi, N. S. Al-Amoodi, N. M. Abdel Jabbar, G. A. Husseini, K. A. Al
Mazroui, 2010, “Optimum Ethane Recovery in Conventional Turbo-expander Process”, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, IChemE, 88: 779-787.